Chapter Seven

◇I still remember, remember what the start of this dream looked like◇

还记得 还记得 梦最初的模样

After Jackson's small but catchy speech the students were released row by row. While the students crowded the exit Victoria stepped down the stage and with her 168cm height (plus some extra from her high heels) she searched among the average 170-180cm boys until she found the brown head she was looking for.

"Gege I'm craving for steamed buns"  said Quanzhe as he felt his stomach grumble. Zhengting pinches Quanzhe's puffy cheeks "Alright we'll go buy some right now" he replied. Chengcheng who caught up with them also asked for food "I want to eat ice-cream!". But everyone in the group responded with 'No's "I heard you puked all night last night. Seriously from now on you need to stop eating junk food" said Xinchun. "Zhu Zhengting! Zhu Zhengting!" a feminine voice called out. The seven boys turned their heads in sync to Victoria who made her way through the swarm of students. Victoria points at Zhengting "Zhu Zhengting come here for a moment please". Zhengting nods blankly at Victoria "Oh ok, You guys can go out first" he said to his friends.

"But my steamed buns..." Quanzhe pouts when Zhengting left. Wenjun pulls Quanzhe over to the group "Hurry, I'll treat you guys to steamed buns" Wenjun said and the boys cheered and started yelling out other food they wanted to eat.

Afternoon at the Field 

Xu Minghao, a man who thought that teaching these boy how to co-operate with each other would be an easy job and it would take less than a week for them to work well together. It has been 4 weeks and they still have trouble passing the baton to each other. Minghao clenched his fist but later took deep breaths reminding himself they are his students not his friends or Wen Junhui.

He observed the first group that consisted of Yue yue, Xiao Gui, Zhu Xingjie, and Xu Shengen. Shengen was the first runner there was no trouble when he passed the baton to Yue yue who received it perfectly. Yue yue did his best in running and the baton was delivered smoothly to Zhu Xingjie. Zhu Xingjie ran pretty fast that was why he was the 3rd runner and Xiao Gui was 4th , because Xiao Gui ran faster. Minghao holds his breath when Xingjie was about to pass the baton to Xiao Gui, because this was where the mistake always happened. Xiao Gui would shout out "Huba! Hurry up!" and Xingjie for some reason loses focus, the baton would always drop even before Xiao Gui could touch it. "AH you dropped it again!" Xiao Gui exclaimed and picked up the baton before running. Minghao breathes in taking a lungful of air before letting out a very long groan.

When Xiao Gui reached the finish line, Minghao gathered the 4 boys. Xu Minghao the started pointing out positives, negatives and how their relay could be improved "Okay everything is fine, at least the teamwork was a lot better than last time when I was here.Xu Shengen you were running a lot faster than before more importantly when Yue yue received the baton and ran, that was so smooth. But Zhu Xingjie did Wen laoshi not teach you how to pass the baton or are you just bad at passing the baton?- wait no you did well in the trial or else we wouldn't have picked you... Why does the baton always drop before Xiao Gui could even touch it?".

As The8 was ranting,  Shengen whispers to Xiao Gui "Dude this happened because you kept calling him Huba". Xiao Gui leans closer to Shengen and whispered back "I know", Shengen nods but when he realized what Xiao Gui said his jaw drops. "Then why do you still call him that?" Shengen asked. Xiao Gui then starts giggling like a child "His reactio-" "Wang Linkai! Are you listening?" Minghao cuts off their conversation. Without looking he points at another group of 4 "Look at Cai Xukun's group, they are well co-operated and-" "Woah are they fighting?!" Xiao Gui yelled over the teacher's voice. Minghao sighed "Xiao gui stop trying to change the subject. There's no reason for them to figh-Oh my gad they're actually fighting!" Minghao yelped out of surprise when he turned and saw Bufan holding down a furious Justin who was shouting at Wang Ziyi, and Cai Xukun was in between the two like a wall. The8 shoves his pocket for the sliver whistle and blew a gulp of air into it that it made screeching sounds, like claws scratching onto a chalkboard "Stohp StOp!".

A few minutes ago, after the boys had finished their warm up Justin walks up to Cai Xukun. Xukun was chatting with Ziyi and half way through their conversation Justin came over tapping Xukun's shoulder. Justin was about to talk but quickly shut his mouth when he took a glance at Ziyi. Justin gestures Xukun to lean closer and in a low quiet voice he asked him what happened last night with Zhengting . "Why can't you ask Zhengting himself?" Xukun whispered. Justin showed his frustrated face "He only told me what happened before it got dark.I've asked him many times what happened after that but he keeps saying I'll tell you later, I'll tell you later. You were there with him so what exactly happened between you too?". Xukun blinks a couple of times trying to rethink what happened last night "Uhh it got dark... he started freaking out so I comforted him-", Justin gasps and Xukun looks at him weirdly.

Justin felt Xukun's weird look he was giving him. Justin apologized for his interruption and told him to continue. "We couldn't get out anyways and he got tired so he fell asleep, I was going to sleep too but then you came." Xukun summarized and said only what he wanted to say. Justin squints his suspecting eyes "Reeaally?" he says dragging the word. Xukun gives him a confident nod "Really".

Justin convinced straightens his back he crosses his arms and starts talking about another concern "Then... what happened to the pig pen?" he asked. Xukun shakes his head and smiles "What are you talking about?" he questioned innocently. Justin sighs "I know you had it , I saw you slipping it into his pocket before you came to hold the door". Xukun hummed "Okay I admit it, his pen dropped and I forgot to put it back in his pencil case. But I returned it at least". "But you returned it so late, and when Ting-ge asked you if you had it you said no" Justin whispered lowly. Xukun scrunches his eyebrows acting puzzled. Justin leaned in again throwing him a stern look "I'm going to be direct with you then.The day before Zhengting's 18th birthday I was in a hurry because I didn't know what to giv-" "Get to the point" "So I gave him a set of animals pens. They were expensive because one of them was a high-tech recording pen, which was the pig pen. Zhengting-ge said he recorded something important, but when he got his pen back the recorder was broken." Justin leans back cocking his head to the side "So what did you hear and why did you destroy the memory card?". Xukun rolls his eyes and a corner of his lips lifts up "Huang Minghao I have no clue on what you are talking about. If you think I did it then yes I did it, but is there any provable evidence?".

Ziyi who they didn't notice was quietly listening to their talk, jumps in "Bro are you guys done yet? Stop talking about that slut". Justin gets snappy at the comment "WHo are you calling a slut?!" he yelled.