Depression short story 1

The party was loud, music blaring, lights shining, people screaming and talking.

Yet the only thing at that party that was quiet was this girl. She had long brown hair, fair skin, curvy body and she looked sad.

Her friend walked up to her and the girl immeadiently changed the look on her face.

Her friend half-shouted to her, "Hey, you having fun?" The girl nodded, smiling and he laughed, "Yeah, this is a pretty cool party!  She had to shout over the music and her friend gave her a thumbs up, walking away with a guy.

As soon as her friend left, her face dropped, her eyes dark, her lips in a frown, and her face overall just looked sad.

Of course I noticed this, I like to look at all the ladies, but my man JJ here snapped me out of the trance I was in.

"Yo man, this is a great party!" He said. I chuckled and patted his arm, "Best one of the year, eh?" He nodded and continued to drink his punch, most likely spiked.

I got up from the couch I was sitting at and walked over to the girl, going past other ones who thought I was going to them, well nah. I got this one.

As soon as I reached her she seemed to look around. "Watcha' looking for?" I said, a smug smile danced its way to my lips.

She looked at me like a poor person getting a free ride in a limousine, as if 'are you joking?' look. "No. I just thought you were looking for someone that was in this direction." She looked like she was straining from saying or doing something.

We waited there in silence for a few seconds until she spoke up. "Listen, I don't know why your still here, not to be rude but why are you here?"
"Uh, because this is my house?"
"That's not what I meant."
"What did you mean?"
"I mean, why are you here? Beside me?"
"Is it forbidden to accompany my guests?"
She smiled, but something was off, because her eyes didn't give off that smile look, like they slipped on their act.
"I mean, there are other guest that would probably enjoy your company more than I am."
"Are you not enjoying my company?"
"No." She said it to fast and she realized that too.

I was actually just about to leave but something in the glint of her eyes almost pleaded for me not to leave, almost like, 'show me you care enough to stay.'

And I did stay.
This time she really smiled, and laughed as well at a joke I made, but she covered her mouth.

I pushed down her hand and whispered, "You should laugh more."