3

“Good afternoon mama”, Tamuno greeted her still smirking to himself.
“Ohhhh, my son Tamo. How was work at the farm today? I see that you brought home chicken today. Thanks you my son. It seems that you knew that I was craving it all these days” mama said as she took off her head tie which was covering her roughly made.

            There was blood splatter everywhere as the head of the chicken fell into the dugout soil. The chicken was shaking profusely due to the intense cut of the knife. Even though the chicken’s head had been cut off, the dismembered head was still crowing and the body of the chicken still twitched. He watched as his mother poured hot water on the chicken, and then she began pulling out the feathers making sure not to utter a word. Another belief in their land where they say that one should not talk while pulling out the feathers of a chicken or else, you will end up inviting evil spirits into your surroundings. She looked at him sternly and signaled for him to join her in pulling out the feathers. In the blink of an eye they were done pulling out the feather. The featherless chicken was cut into very small chunks so that it would last longer than usual. 
Mama is looking exhausted but she was happy because she is doing what she loves doing and about to eat what she is craving. She selected an even size pot and poured the chicken inside. Looking up at the shelf, she scanned the spices available trying to decide on which one to use. There was a problem though she will have to leave Tamo to monitor the food because she really needs to use the toilet.
“Tamo abeg check this food o. Na God I dey take beg you. Remember that beans wey you burn that day. Even dog no fit chop am” Mama said with no trace of laughter in her voice.
“You don start again mama. Which time I don burn food for this house. Go shit abeg. I go check am.” Tamo replied shaking his head at the drama his Mother just displayed.