chapter eight

The appearance of things change according to the emotions, and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.

Kahlil Gibran

Luna's P.O.V. :

I awoke to the sun's rays hitting me on the face and the sweet melody of the birds chirping outside. I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn. I felt well rested, this was the best sleep that I have had in a couple of days. I sat up and looked over to where John was laying. He was so fucking hot! I just wanted to feel his abs, but I pulled my hand away. What would a guy like this want with me? He was hot and well, I was me. Plain old me.

"Are you done checking me out now?" said John, with a slight grin on his face, as I now noticed that he was watching me the whole time. "I do'nt know what you are talking about." I said as I got out of bed. My cheeks were now a shade  of pink. "How would you know if I was checking you out anyways? You were asleep." "HA! so you are admitting that you were checking me out! Wow Luna look who the pervert is now." he said jokingly.

"Fuck!" I said remembering that Ray was supposed to be home at 10:00. He would freak if I was'nt at the house. I scrambled around to find my clothes. I finally found them and quickly got my cell phone.It was 10:30. If Ray came in my room to check on me and I was'nt there...well let's just say there would be lots of yelling, since I had a history of sneaking out at my old place. " I have to go home!"

"Is everything ok?" John asked questioningly. "Ya it's just that I have to get home..." I said as I grabbed my clothes and started to go. Just then I was grabbed by my waist and turned around. I looked up and saw John staring back at me. Before I knew it his lips crashed against mine. He pulled me closer to him and the kiss grew even more passionate. John's hand were around my waist and my fingers were tangling with his hair. I started experiencing feelings that I had never felt before. Do'nt get me wrong I have kissed before, but this was different. 

I quickly pulled myself away. The warmth of his body left mine. I did'nt want to stop kissing him, but the whole thing just shocked me and I did'nt know how to deal with these new feelings.

Before I knew it I found myself running down the stairs and out the front door. I quickly made my way over to my house and up to my room, where I made sure the window and curtains were closed.

I put my fingers to my lips, remembering the kiss I literally just had and  how it just felt so right. Did I really have feelings for John like I said last night? It was also weird too, because I had no nightmares last night when I was with John. I aloud the memory of his lips on mine to linger for another second before I locked it away in my mind.

Quietly I walked down stairs and plopped myself down on the couch in the living room. I turned on the t.v. and flipped through the channels. As usual nothing, but crap was on. I finally came to a channel that looked semi-interesting. It seemed to be some survival show like Man v.s. Wild, but ater like five seconds it was on commercials.

I decided to get up and get something to eat. I just grabbed a glass of orange juice and quickly guzzled it down, letting the orangy sweetness quench my thirst. I went back to the couch and continued to watch the weird wilderness show. A thought suddenly dawned on me....where is Ray? It was now 12:00 and his note clearly stated that he would be home at 10:00. O, well he was probally just running late from where ever he was. Another thought dawned on me. Ray never did said where he was going...

It was'nt like Ray to not let me know where he was going. I dialed Ray's cell number and called him...no answer. I called back again and still no answer, so I left a voicemail."Ray? where are you? You said you would be home at 10:00 and it's now 12:05...Um I'm sorry for yelling at you. Call me back."