chapter six

'Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.'

                                                                                                                                ~  Javan quotes

As I lay on my bed taking a quick cat-nap, my eyes closed and I fell into a deep sleep, causing me to start to dream yet again.

I was panting heavily as I ran through the forest, dodging trees. All the trees in this forest were dead, giving it an even more eerie presence. I do'nt know how long I had been running for, but my clothes were ripped and tattered and sweat was rolling down my face.

My vision started to blur, but I kept on running. The cold wind was wipping me in the face and it stung like a bitch!

I started to ascend a small hill, almost collapse in the process from exhaustion. When I got to the top of the hill I looked at my surroundings. More trees! This time though there was a thick fog at the bottom of the hill.

I descended the hill and it was harder and harder to see anything in front of me. I could barly see a foot in front of me. The fog was so thick that it was almost tangible. It felt almost as if it was evil... If you can even feel evil. 

 I continued to walk in the fog, the whole time it almost felt as if I was being watched. Suddenly the fog started to clear, causing there to be a small patch of no fog. In the middle of this fog-less patch was an arch made of stone. My curiosity got the better of me and I walked towards it. I let my hands explore its texture and structure. It was defiantly made of stone but it also seemed to be made of something else too, what it was though I did'nt know.

I heard leaves crunching behind me and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I turned around to see what it was, but it was to late. An intense pain rippled through my body. My body began to shake, almost like a seizure or something. What had attacked me? What caused me this horrific pain? This pain was like nothing I have ever felt before. I looked down at my side to asses my wound and see how serious it was. There was an enormous gash on my stomach and blood was pouring out of it like water from the Niagara Falls.

I looked around as my body grew weaker and weaker from the blood loss, but to my dismay my attacker must have fled already. Everything started to blur and turn black as my eyes closed. I tryed fighting it so I would'nt die, but it was no use. I was dying... in the middle of nowhere... all alone.

I gasped for air like a fish out of water as I awoke from my dream. I was drenched in sweat. An intense pain rippled through my body still. I pinched myself to check if I was still dreaming. "Fuck!" I said, partly from the intense pain and from me just pinching myself. I lifted up my shirt to see if there was a wound there like I did in my dream. There was a fresh cut running from my bellybutton to my chest. "I'm just dreaming, this can'nt be happening." I said to my self as I got up out of my bed.

My legs were wobbling and felt like they were going to give away at any moment. I hobbled out of my room and into the bathroom. I some how managed to make it over to the sink despite my condition. I turned the water on to as cold as it could go. I cupped my hands under the water and splashed myself with the icy water. It helped a little bit, as far as calming me down, but it was'nt enough.

I grasped my small pink cup that was sitting on the counter and filled it with water. I put the the cup to my dry lips and the the icy water sooth my burning throat. The water somehow seemed to revitalize me. The pain coming from the wound on my stomach was still there, but it was'nt as bad now.