Ch. 11

Italics mean they're speaking in English 😉

⭐️

During class, Hana couldn't concentrate. She still didn't know how she was going to face Hyunjin later. At some point, her thoughts drifted to how he held her. She wondered how to describe the feel of being in his embrace. Chan's was warm and felt like home, Woojin's made her feel supported and safe, and Jeongin's was friendly and kind. How was Hyunjin's hug? It was definitely different and unfamiliar. She pondered the topic the entire morning. The bell rang, signaling lunchtime and snapped her out of her daze. "Let's go eat!" Minji impatiently cried. Hana and Jeongin followed after her.

Suddenly a mischievous smile made its way on Jeongin's face. "What are you smiling about?" Hana asked out of curiosity.

"Maybe if you were as excited about lunch as Minji, you wouldn't be so small." He teased before running away.

Hana hated being teased about her height. She chased after him yelling, "Yah, Yang Jeongin!" She caught up to him and started smacking his arm. "So what if I'm little," she huffed, "I'm the perfect size for hitting you like this!"

Minji pulled her into a side hug to stop her rampage, but she wasn't going to let Jeongin have all the fun. "Aigoo, our baby's mad." She cooed.

Hana was speechless. The betrayal! Jeongin joined the teasing as well and hugged her from the other side. "Don't be mad, baby." She sighed, defeated. Being the youngest was hard. Half the time, she was taking care of them and the other half she spent being teased. She could never rest.

"Oh, Hana!" Someone called from behind.

Minji let go to turn around and see who had called. When she saw who, her mouth fell slightly agape. Her reaction made Jeongin and Hana glance back as well. It was Hyunjin. "Sunbae..." Hana didn't know what to say.

He caught up to them with a cheerful smile on his face. "You guys going for lunch?" He was acting normal. Hana figured she'd do the same. Or at least, she'd try.

When she didn't answer, Minji spoke for her. "Yes, Sunbae. Are you going to the cafeteria too?" Minji was outgoing and confident. She adapted to social situations well and she was an affable person in general. Sometimes, Hana wished she could be like her.

Hyunjin nodded then gestured to a group of guys walking behind him. "Then would you like to eat with us?" Hana was surprised to see all the boys she saw on Saturday. Seungmin from the bookstore and Felix and Jisung from the cafe. She didn't realize they went to the same school. Then again, she hardly knew anyone outside of her class.

Hana was feeling uneasy and Jeongin sensed it. He was going to say no for her, but Minji was too quick. "Sure, we'd love too!"

Minji's expectant eyes forced Hana to agree. "Yeah... that'd be great..." Jeongin's grip got tighter, he was urging her to speak her mind, but she didn't.

And that's how they ended up sitting with a bunch of ulzzangs. Hana realized that the saying was true, birds of a feather do flock together. Jeongin and Minji sat on either side of Hana and Hyunjin and his friends sat across from them with Hyunjin sitting directly across from Hana. Hana thought there'd be more of an awkward silence, but Minji did what she did best: talk.

"Hyunjin Sunbae, how are your studies going? Is Hana treating you well?"

Hyunjin glanced at Hana and smiled. "Yeah, she's taking great care of me."

Jisung acted surprised. "Lately, he's been doing really well in class." He applauded the small girl to which she blushed.

Jeongin felt proud of his best friend. He pinched her cheek, much to her dismay. "It's Hana's magic touch. She can tutor anyone!"

⭐️

I want to know what you guys think of the story so far. Leave comments pls 🙏