Ch. 8

They were quiet. Or at least, that's what Hana wanted. Her innate ability to trip and stumble on anything, everything and nothing ruined her plans though. Hyunjin was anxiously watching her from behind, ready to catch her in case she fell over. They'd been walking for at least ten minutes and he'd already lost count of how many times she nearly fell. To make matters worse she was walking on the outside of the sidewalk. Watching her lean towards the street then right herself was stressing him out. He couldn't take it anymore. "Don't walk there." He switched places with her so she was on the inside and he was on the outside.

Hyunjin's sudden actions caught Hana off guard. It was sweet. For now, she chose to forget her worries. She was content as she was. There was no point getting upset over something she didn't understand. She smiled again. "Thanks, Sunbae." Her words left him a little flustered. He hadn't expected it. He barely managed to stutter out a "you're welcome" in return. She giggled. "You're so easily flustered!"

Hyunjin pouted. "Yah! Are you teasing me?"

Hana's giggles grew louder in response. She ran ahead, a mischievous smile on her lips. "Maybe!"

Hyunjin ran after Hana in turn. Excitement replaced worry as he chased after her. "Just wait 'till I catch you!" He was hot on her heels. She squealed as his steps got closer and closer. "Gotcha!" He threw an arm around her shoulders and started messing with her hair. "Take that!" He laughed victoriously,

"Sunbae, no!" Hana protested between squeaks and giggles. Their play fight was suddenly interrupted and they were separated. She looked up at who'd separated them, confused. She froze when her eyes met his. It was Woojin and he did not look happy.

⭐️

Busted! For anyone who's confused by Hana's "condition", it'll be explained later in the story. For now, let's just panic over how Woojin's going to react. Good luck Hyunjin!