spoon

"Please tell me you didn't give that spoon a soul."

Jimin's head jolts up at the interruption, only to be greeted by the sight of a smirking Yoongi. "No, but I got attached. What brings you here?" They'd arrived in Haverami ahead of schedule, so until the equinox occurs in three days the group of men got a couple rooms at a small in and had spent all their time practicing in whatever way they could. For Jimin this meant isolation in his room as he practiced his magic for hours on end.

"Their getting a little rowdy down there, and I'm in the mood to nap."

"You're in the mood to cuddle and distract me." Jimin corrects.

The fire user collapses onto his lovers bed with a loud groan. "Can you blame me? I wish you were right and they'd already figured out were together- at least then we wouldn't have to sneak around like this." He wiggles closer and closer until his head is on Jimin's lap.

"Ah, so you give up?" Jimin, knowing he's not likely to get any work done now that Yoongi's properly got his attention.

He raises his head, indignant. "A snowball's chance in hell. And you're not getting cuddles now either. Go on, work. Do your job. Stop being so lazy."

"I could say the same to you." Jimin smiles at him, letting him know his jab is goodnatured.

"You could, but you won't." Yoongi's eyes move to the empty vial that's hanging around Jimin's neck. "You figure out what that's good for yet?"

"I wish. Unfortunately for us it seems like the only things it can do is be pretty and always cold against the skin- for some unknown, likely magical, reason"

Yoongi hums in thought. Jimin doesn't expect for him to come up with some sort of a world saving use for the little bottle, though he's gifted and has a strong connection to his fire, Yoongi doesn't live in the magical world. Like Jungkook and Hoseok- and even Jin sometimes -The fire user is a much more pragmatic man. It's people like Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jimin who involve themselves in the complexities of the world- especially magic.

So when Yoongi's eyes light up, as they always do when he's got an idea, Jimin is more than surprised. "You can transfer magic right? Basically your whole thing with magic is changing the work that others have done before you- I've never actually seen you cast your own spell or whatever it is that you do, it just seems like you transform spells or whatever that were already performed. What if the vial is something like that? You could make something invincible."

"Like what? I'm sure Tae would appreciate it if I made Jungkook invincible but I'm not sure if that's something I'd be able to do. Humans are so complex and I wouldn't wanna hurt him-" Jimin breaks himself off, eyes wide. "Oh man... holy shit."

"What is it? You look like you reached nirvana or something." Yoongi gets no answer. Ah, Jiminie, you okay darling?" His voice is uncharacteristically soft, as it tends to get when he's worried about Jimin. "Do you need to go outside, get some fresh air?"

"N-no, I'm fine. I just- you're a genius hyung."

"I know, but why?" He says, still soft.

"It's- the vial -it's unbreakable. It's perfect. Gods that seer knows what she's doing."

"Ah, Jiminie, what are you talking about?"

"You'll see soon hyung." He smiles so wide his eyes turn to crescents, melting Yoongi's heart to the point where he decides kissing every inch of Jimin's face is more important than getting an immediate answer.