Chapter 2: What It Takes To Be Powerful

(Izuku POV)

   "Now what you wanna do. Is imagine that there's a huge pool of stale water, that's the Mana that I gave you, I'll be teaching you the advanced  techniques later. You should be able to usethe simple ones though. Now try to take some of that water, and use it to produce fire." Tohru cupped her hands together, and blew fire from atop her trash heap. I wanted to try out my magic by using it on a people barren place. And what better way than using it on a waste dump. I did as she said, and tried to take the water from the pool. I looked down into it, and saw that it was a fairly deep well of power. I reached in with one hand, and tried to take out the water. I only pulled out a little bit, and as soon as I did. It glowed and evaporated in an instant. "What am I doing wrong, just how much power does it take!?" I shouted at Tohru. "Not a lot, just try again. It's easy," She then breathed more fire than before and her body became scaly. "See, it's not hard!" I closed my eyes, and saw the mana pool once again. 'Here we go again,' I sighed as I reached into the pool with one hand. I left it in there for a few moments, 'wait, why am I not using both hands?' I cupped my hands within the water and brought it out, they were full of the glowing fluid. But this time, it didn't evaporate. Instead, it started to move on it's own towards the veins in my arms. I started to panic, but I couldn't move for some reason. I looked down to see the fluid, having risen to my ankles somehow, hold them in place as if it were stone. The fluid cut through the skin on my arms, and dug into my veins. I cried in pain, because wherever it spread to, I started to glow blue and feel like I was burning from the inside out. As my entire body glowed, the feeling died down and slowly faded. I opened my eyes and looked at Tohru, "why, why did that hurt so much?" I sounded like a hollow version of myself, my voice was hoarse, and I was on the verge of tears. "That means it worked! Cup your hands in front of your mouth. Then you should blow out fire if you think about it." "Are you serious, that easy?" She nodded, and so I did as she instructed. I cupped my hands, and took a deep breath. *ROAR* A stream of fire came out of my throat, and melted every object in front of me.

"N-No way! THIS IS AWESOME," I turned to Tohru and kneeled

"N-No way! THIS IS AWESOME," I turned to Tohru and kneeled. "TEACH ME MORE MASTER!" Tohru was shocked, and had a confused look on her face. "D-Does this usually happen?" "NO, BUT YOU BETTER EXPECT MORE OF THIS!" "Okay then, I-I'll teach you more!" She said happily.

(3 Weeks Later)

   "Okay, Izuku. This time I want you to try going deeper into that pool of magic that I'm talking about. Then you should be able to use more powerful spells and abilities. But you really have been using the magic I gave you, like you've had it since birth..." I couldn't make out the last part because she was speaking to herself. "Already? Wouldn't that be tough?" "Of course, but the earlier you try, the easier it will get as time goes on." "O-Okay. Let's do it then!" "That's the spirit!" She cheered on, instead of being on top of a pile of trash, she was sitting in front of me. I closed my eyes again, and wound up near the pool. But this time, it was deeper than my normal one. 'Odd...Is it supposed to grow deeper?' To be honest, I still had the littlest idea about mana and magic. I only knew how to cast some basic dragon magic, and a human spell as well. I still didn't know if I could turn my skin into scales like Tohru had demonstrated many times before. I walked up to the pool that had accepted me once before, and got ready to dive deeper. I knew that I wouldn't be able to touch the floor of the pool. I readied my pose, and jumped into the fluid. I expected to be repulsed by the mana, but instead it fully accepted me. But it became weirder, I didn't even try to move, the mana pushed me down towards the basin. I heard Tohru gasp, and so I opened my eyes in an instant. "What's wrong?!" I asked urgently. She clutched her chest, as if something had given her a fright. "Izuku, was there anything wrong with the pool I told you to envision?" "Y-Yeah, it was drastically deeper than normal. Is that not supposed to happen?" I was in the dark about magic entirely, so I had to ask. "No wonder I felt weird, you accessed my own reserves of mana..." I looked surprised. "How, I thought I was bound to my own. Isn't that what you told me when we started?" She got up from the ground, her maid outfit made her irresistible when she was confused. Or just in general. "Yeah, that's entirely right. But maybe it's because I gave you some of my own? I don't know, this is messing with my head. Can we just stop for now?" Her eyes, seemed to emanate anguish within them. "S-Sure, whatever you need." I got up, "do you want to do something in the time being?" She walked next to me, and started to blush. "Yeah, I'd like that Izuku." She hugged my arm, and nuzzled her cheek into it. I blushed lightly, I was getting used to this since we've been getting closer and closer by the day.