Part 98

Dear Diary,

Well today was my last royal engagement. We went in the car to the Tower of London to lay down our own ceramic poppies in the moat. I wore the blue replica Jackie Kennedy dress, I wore to an Anmer meeting once. 

The poppies at the Tower are an art installation by artist Paul Cummins. The installation is called 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red'. It is of course to celebrate the centerary of WWI. 

The work isn't finished as by November 11th this year, 888246 poppies will be installed and their is currently only 120000 there, well 120004, now that we've put ours down. Each poppy represents a life in the British or Commonwealth forces, serving in the war, and the last one will be put down on Armistice day. 

Kate and I were both seen wiping a tear from our eye. We strolled around admiring the gorgeous display. I walked with Harry and Kate with William. 

Anyway, today was very special and I adored it. 

We were welcomed by the General, Lord Dannatt. We walked slowly through the spectacular display and I wiped away a few tears. "Oh Jack would want to see this" I whispered to Harry. Harry smiled. "Well you can tell him all about it" Harry assured me. I smiled, slightly. To think, when the last poppy is put down, I won't even be in this country. 

When we were done, we got in the seperate cars. Harry back to Kensington and us Cambridges to Balmoral, to which we flew in a helicopter. 

I dashed inside and got into my horse riding gear as Lilibet was here too for the summer and she invited me to go riding with her. As Dansuese is to be kept at Anmer Hall, I was allowed to ride Zara's horse. My trusty horse for today was called Mia, after Zara's daughter. Lilibet enjoyed seeing me riding fast but she kept at a reasonable pace, so I slowed down so she could catch up. 

"You've done very well with riding Dayna" Lilibet said with a gentle smile. "Thank you" I added. I then felt my heart ache. "Lilibet, when I go to America, I'm going to miss you a lot. You, like William and Kate, you've always been there for me" I said with a bit of sadness in my voice. Lilibet tilted her head. "Well you can come to any royal events, whatever time of year". This made me feel better.