Part 41

Dear Diary, 

Well May 7th. Today was my birthday. I was officially 13 years old. I woke up and went into the living room. I saw Kate and William sitting there and there was literally a massive pile of presents. I was so happy. I ran to them and hugged them all. I received gorgeous things from them. 

From William, I got a black Atlas watch from Tiffany & Co, a book about Jackie Kennedy, Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy, a replica of JFK's Air Force One Jacket (which I love!) and 5 copies of LIFE magazine from the JFK Library, 2 about Jackie, 1 about JFK, 1 about JFK's funeral and 1 of Jackie in Cambodia. 

Maria had prepared gifts for me which were meant to be George's gifts to me. I got from George: a Royal baby pillbox from Harrods, a Medium Sicily Tote from Dolce and Gabbana, a Coronation trinket box from Harrods and a small bust of JFK from the JFK Library. 

However, Kate! By God, I was spoilt! Now be prepared for an endless list. She bought me: A replica of Jackie Kennedy's White House portrait by Aaron Shikler, a JFK 50th Anniversary T-shirt from the JFK library, an 18k gold, Atlas bracelet from Tiffany & Co, a white lace cocktail dress from Kalinka, and there was one gift Kate and William got me and it was waiting for me at Kensington Palace. It was a replica of JFK's Oval Office Desk! 

I was over the moon with everything, especially the desk. Kate said today she would take me to the Metropolitan Museum and we would have a nice day out. I went and looked in my wardrobe. The weather was really warm, I put on an outfit matching to one, Eleanor Calder wore. I put on an olive green shirt from Topshop, and some black Topshop skinny jeans. Then I changed the outfit a bit and I put on some black slip on sneakers. 

Kate went casual too. We caught a cab to the museum and we took in everything. There was gorgeous paintings. Some of the paintings I liked, some I didn't. And some weren't even paintings! We saw the Unicorn Tapestries, from the Stuart era in Scotland! I really took a liking to them. They were gorgeous. 

We also saw the Temple of Dendur which Jacqueline Kennedy had helped bring from Egypt. It was very glorious. And guess what! Kate managed to speak to someone and we got taken upstairs. We were taken to a special room and told to put our hair in nets, gloves on our hands and what looked like a rain poncho over our clothes. 

Then the man who was named Sam, brought out a painting. It was the painting Nine Jackies! It wasn't on display anymore but Kate knew how much I loved it. We admired some other paintings that were being preserved upstairs before we headed back downstairs. 

We left around 1pm. We decided we would go back to the hotel with the souvenirs we bought at the museum. We then decided to go for a walk in the park. We walked for ages. The hotel was at the very bottom of the park and this time Kate brought the camera again and the video recorder. We walked up the park past the pond and we walked on. 

We then saw a statue of William Shakespeare and a bit further on, Robert Burns. We then turned and headed out onto 5th Avenue where we caught a cab and headed further up. We then caught a cab round to the other side of the park, where we went to Strawberry Fields. It was a beautiful place. The whole park is. 

We spent about an hour and a half walking around the park before we decided to go for a coffee. We stopped in at  Le Pain Quotidien in Central Park and it was gorgeous. We then headed back to the hotel to chill out. William had went out too but only for an hour. All three of us took a nap.

Then at 5:45pm, a car came and picked us up. We were going for dinner at a place called The Lobster Place. It was on 9th Avenue and it was delicious dinner. We left at 8:55pm and we got back to the hotel at 9:15pm. We got into our pyjamas but before we went to bed, William poured some wine for him and Kate and some Shloer for me. We had a toast and we celebrated my birthday. 

It was a gorgeous day. Before I went to bed, I had a phone call. It was Jack. He was wondering if I could go to his house tomorrow as he had a birthday gift for me. I agreed. It was the best birthday ever. I couldn't have asked for anything better.