Part 29

• Dedicated to The new cover for this story

Dear Diary, 

Today I was allowed to stay back in Canberra as William and Kate went on an engagement in Adelaide. I have spent most of today, reading some books and practising my languages. According to Maria I have passed everything et je peux maintenant dire mot pour mot français. This means: And I can now speak French word for word. 

I also got some time with George and I managed to get some quality time reading my book in French from Maria. I really miss William and Kate. And I know this may be out of the blue, but I can't wait until I fall in love. Then I'll be able to have the same romance as them. Romantic trips, beautiful children, adoring each other. 

I have had several interests but I doubt they will like me back. Kate insists I am very pretty. Maria told me that if I say I'm ugly one more time, she'll slap me. I laughed at this. Of course I'm not pretty. I took a long hard look in the mirror and couldn't see what people see in me that makes say I'm gorgeous. I am keen on my hair and that is about it but my facial feautures aren't special as I don't expect much of them. 

I doubt I'll have a boyfriend until my early twenties I'm that ugly. 

Anyway, William and Kate returned at about 6pm that night and I ran too them. Kate and I later on sat on my bed talking. "Kate do you think I'm pretty?" I asked her. "Because Maria said she'd slap me if I said I'm ugly one more time". Kate giggled. "Well I agree with her" Kate told me. "What do you see in me though?" I asked. 

Kate had an idea though. "I'm sure if William and I were to take you to a party and there was a whole dozen of handsome, young men there, then I'm sure one of them would ask you to dinner over asparagus". Kate acted all fancy and I laughed. "Well, I suppose" I was convinced. "We have a party to go on May 1, two days before we fly to New York for your birthday" Kate told me. "We could take you along" Kate smiled. 

I agreed. Now my diary was full, I needed to pick out a dress or design one with Katie, for this party. Anyway, I have the Australian tour to focus on. Goodnight!