Richie and Eddie were both worn out from the long day so they headed to there rooms to sleep. Richie's room was right across from Eddie's and even though the rooms were close Richie wished Eddie was in his bed. 

The night dragged on and Richie stayed up until 3 am on his phone scrolling through Twitter and Instagram.

Richie was about to call it a night when he heard small whimpers come from the room across him. At first, Richie brushed it off as nothing trying not to read to much into it but, as the whimpering and sniffling continued he knew what was happening. 

Richie pulled himself up and set his feet on the ground he rubbed his eyes and slowly walked over to Eddie's room. He peered his head in and saw Eddie crying into his pillow and he looked pitiful. 

"Eds? What's wrong?" Richie asked as he approached the small brunette lying in bed. 

"n-nothing I-I'm fi-fine," Eddie said through his sniffles. Eddie pushed himself up so he was sitting and looking up at Richie. 

"Eddie those tears are telling me you're not ok," Richie said as he wiped Eddie's face with his thumb. Richie sat down next to Eddie so they were faced to face. Richie slowly brushed Eddie's bangs out of his eyes and tucked them behind his ear. Richie cupped his petit face in his lanky hands. Eddie's face flushed at the sudden contact and his face was now tinted pink. 

"Eddie, I need you to tell me what's wrong," Richie said and then removed his hands from Eddie's face. 

"I-I had a ba-bad dre-eam," Eddie replied as he sniffled and wiped his eyes looking down at his legs and avoiding eye contact with Richie. 

"Can you please tell me what it was about? I can't help you if you don't tell me Eds." Richie cooed and Eddie looked back up at him. 

" It wasn't re-really a nigh-ghtmare. I-it was a fla-shback." Eddie said as he began to compose himself. 

"About what Eds?" Richie said as he quirked an eyebrow; now curious as to what the boy was going to tell him. This seemed a lot more serious than Richie thought. 

Eddie inhaled deeply and put his hand on his chest he closed his eyes for a moment and looked Richie dead in the eyes. 

"When we were in high school Henry said some really mean things to me and one day I snapped. Henry was screaming at me and I yelled at him and called him a bully. Henry obviously wasn't happy but, HE didn't do anything to me one of his goons, Patrick, did." Eddie paused after he said this and inhaled and then sighed. 

Richie looked at him and smiled giving him a reassuring nod that he could trust him. 

"Patrick found me after school and pinned me against the wall he started yelling at me and all of a sudden things went silent. I remember him unbuckling his belt and his pants falling to the ground.  He sexually assaulted me, Richie, he fu-cking assau-assaulted me." Eddie said as he broke out into sobs again. 

Richie grabbed Eddie and wrapped his arms around him holding him tight and telling him everything would be ok. Richie held Eddie until he stopped crying. The two boys just sat there enjoying each other's company until Eddie broke the silence. 

"Will you sleep with me? I don't wanna have another nightmare." Eddie asked and Richie didn't even reply he gave him a simple nod and crawled into bed with him. 

At first, things were a little awkward and they faced away from each other. Richie eventually turned over to face Eddie and smiled at him and Eddie smiled back. 

"Do you want me to hold you? It might be easier for you to fall asleep?" Richie asked his face slightly flushing and a blush covering his cheeks as he asked. 

Eddie nodded as his face now turned a bright crimson red his breath hitched as he put his head on Richie's chest and let his arms rest on Richie's bare stomach. Richie's heart began to speed up and Eddie could hear it and all Eddie could think was:

Why is his heart beating so fast? is he nervous? Does he know I like him and he's scared he'll hurt my feelings because he doesn't and this may be leading me on? SHIT WHAT IF HE KNOWS. SHIT SHIT SHIT WHAT IF HE KNOWS AND HE DOESN'T LIKE ME AND THAT'S WHY HE'S AWKWARD. 

Meanwhile, all that was going through Richie's head was:

there is a cute boy laying on me. there is a cute boy laying on me and I can hear his cute little snores when he sleeps. he's so adorable what have a done to deserve this LITERAL angel laying on me.  THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU LORD I AM SO BLESSED THANK YOU. 

Eventually, the two boys fell asleep and Richie held Eddie even tighter. Eddie didn't have any nightmares he actually had a very pleasant dream that involved Richie thank god it wasn't a wet dream because THAT would've been embarrassing. 

Richie woke up to the sound of Eddie's soft snores and Richie couldn't help but smile with that dopey grin of his. Richie ran his fingers through Eddie's hair to help wake him up and smiled as he watched an adorable little Eddie slowly wake up. He rolled off of Richie onto the other side of the bed. 

"Morning sleeping beauty," Richie cooed as Eddie woke up. 

"Morning Prince Charming," Eddie said snarkily since Richie is always the one with the pickup lines. Richie was so taken aback that he fell of off the bed but, he quickly brushed it off as nothing and stood up. 

"I'm gonna go make breakfast," Richie said as he walked into the kitchen and out of Eddie's room. 

"Ok, I'll meet you in there."

---

get ready gays

I mean guys

;)