Chapter 18: Addition

"You want me to what?"

I wince as Alpha tries to convince Lila of his plan.

"Lila, we need to talk to her, and you're the only one who can get her to come here," he pleads, using his best needy voice.

She groans. "You can't hurt her," she replies, pointing at Alpha with anger.

Alpha shakes his head. "I will not purposely harm her, unless she tries to attack us."

Deciding that the statement is enough, Lila nods and heads out the door. Meanwhile, Paul and Jesse start to build the circle of mountain ash. After discovering that Sarah is a rogue, Alpha decided that we were to trap and question the girl. How could I set her up with a rogue wolf and not know it?

"It's not your fault, you know?" 

I gasp in surprise and turn around. I'd been too lost in thought to notice Andrew coming up behind me. I sigh and lean against him tiredly. 

"I just feel guilty," I murmur as his arms drape around me. 

He says nothing to that but looks down. "How's your leg?"

I look down to the now unblemished skin along my leg. I fully healed not too long ago. "It's fine now, but still kind of sore."

He nods and presses a kiss to my temple. "I'm just glad you heal. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt and..."

I smile at him reassuringly. "Hey, I don't plan on dying any time soon. I especially don't wanna die a virgin."

He blushes heavily at that. "Geez, you're shameless."

I chuckle at that. "You love it."

He smiles fondly, as if he can't believe that I'm as dorky as I seem.

"Can we go be alone?" I ask him quietly, recieving a knowing smirk from Markus across the room. Of course, he heard me.

Andrew flushes, nodding silently, which makes me grin.

I drag him up the stairs and lay back onto the bed with Andrew beside me. We both stare up at the ceiling with our hands clasped together.

"Adam?" I glance over to Andrew, and he seems to be thinking rather hard about something.

"Hmm?" I return, gently stroking the back of his hand with my thumb, feeling myself start to relax, even if only a little bit.

He swallows thickly and looks at me, his brow furrowed and curiousness gleaming in his eyes. "D-Do you remember the party?"

I nod slowly, wondering where he's going with this. 

He clears his throat awkwardly, blushing as if he's just run a race. "Do you remember what you were saying before everything went down?" he asks quietly, making me sit up and look at him in surprise.

He coughs awkwardly and sits up, looking at me nervously. I clear my own throat before looking at him through my lashes. "I-I was going to tell you that... I love you."

I turn away in embarrassment at the admission. What if it scares him off? What if he decides this is all too much for him and leaves?

I'm tense but quickly relax when I feel Andrew's lips on the back of my neck, gently kissing my skin. His hands gently grip my arms, running his hands along them with care.

"I love you, too," he murmurs, kissing below my ear lovingly.

My heart skips a few beats at the admission, and my wolf practically faints at the utter joy its experiencing.