Chapter 10: Full Moon Murder?

"I'm scared, guys," Lila says, looking at us all in utter terror.

"You'll be fine," Alpha reassures her, placing a comforting hand atop her fluffy hair.

Tonight's the full moon, Lila's first full moon, and I think it's safe to say that she is terrified. She's been nervous all day, and it's getting closer and closer to the sunset. 

"Liles, you'll be fine," Andrew says, grabbing her shoulders supportively.

She nods but doesn't really seem comforted, and I can't blame her. I can't understand how scary it must be to know that you could hurt someone dear to you if you can't control a part of you. Just the thought chills my spine.

She looks to Markus, Daniel, and I in fear, and we all smile at her. "We'll make sure that everything goes smoothly," I reassure her.

She nods shakily and smiles at us, swallowing thickly in nerves.

"I'm going to get the basement ready," Alpha tells us, leaving the living room.

"What's in the basement?" Paul asks curiously, looking at Markus.

Markus sits down and pulls the boy into his lap. "We have chains and mountain ash in case we need to contain a werewolf with no control during the full moon."

"What's mountain ash?" Andrew asks. He's been refusing to even look at me ever since that incident. I can smell the stress on him, and it worries me immensely.

"It's a type of ash, made from a tree, that can contain supernatural beings. We can't cross a line of it," Daniel explains simply.

Andrew nods and then leaves the room, heading to the room he's been sleeping in. We have a few guest rooms that Lila and the humans have been staying in. Of course, he ignores me, brushing passed me after pointedly looking away from me. I feel my mood worsen as I become further depressed. Why can't we just talk it out? Why can't we act like adults about this? See, I think that, but I'm not trying to do anything either. I guess we're both at fault and being childish. I sigh and head to my room, trudging up the stairs in a huff. I doubt I'll be good company the way I am now: a depressed yet angry mess of emotions.

Swinging my door open, I throw myself down on the bed and feel tears prick  my eyes. I'm scared for tonight, too. Not only am I an emotional wreck, I have newly found powers that I don't know whether I can control it. Will it even be affected by the moon? I wish I asked Esmeralda these questions, because now I have unanswered worries that won't leave me alone. I'm going to start growing grey hairs at this rate.

I don't know when I fall asleep, but I do know that it's utter chaos when I awake.

I open my eyes after being hit in the head with something extremely heavy. I groan loudly as I sit up, rubbing my eyes. This is weird. I don't normally feel sick like this, even on the night of the full moon. I open my tired eyes and gaze around the room boredly. It takes me a minute to notice that all of the furniture in my room is hovering a few feet above the floor, floating lazily as if there's no gravity. My eyes widen as panic captures my consciousness. I feel the pain in my stomach grow worse as I feel myself lose my grip. This isn't supposed to be happening! Things are supposed to be okay!

I grab at my ears as everything grows so much louder than before. I'm a born wolf! Why is this happening? I don't understand!

The smaller things around the room start to circle me like a horrifying version of the movie Matilda. I feel something strike my back, knocking me to the ground with a loud and rather painful thud. My vision swims as my shoes, clothes, and even cards start to spin around the room, circling me menacingly. I've never felt so threatened by something before, and it sends panicked chills through my body. I feel paralyzed, stuck in place, trapped.