Part 3 - Pregnancy as a Plot Device

Feelings About Getting Pregnant

Please know that not every woman is blissfully happy to find out that she is pregnant. Even if a woman is married, madly in love and had planned to start a family with her husband, may still feel mixed emotions when she finds out she pregnant. She feels happy, yes, but also scared, even terrified, about what her body, her family, and her sense of self, is about to go through.

Love doesn't equal baby. Lots of women find their one true love and vow to spend the rest of their lives with that person and still have no desire to become mothers. Some might want to wait until they are older, and some might never want children. If one of these people become pregnant, it can range from a mild surprise to a devastating, llife-ending blow.

Baby doesn't equal love. Getting pregnant when the relationship is brand, spanking new, or when the relationship is rocky, doesn't automatically guarantee life-long happiness for the couple. A baby is a tremendous strain on a relationship, and a fragile relationship can be ripped apart.

A/N If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, either in the comments or through PM. I'm happy  to help!

Thanks for reading! If you found this guide helpful or interesting, please give it a star to help others find it, too!