Time Is On My Side- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I'll help," Dean said but you shook your head.

"No, I got it." You whispered and untied the man before taking his hand. You started to drag him which was a lot harder than it seemed.

"Come on, let us help." Sam started to say but you harshly cut him off.

"No, I said I got it." You dragged the man outside to a spot you thought was a good one. Leaving the man's side, you started to dig a hole. You got tears, letting the last couple of weeks coming back to you. You thought of every failed attempt. You thought of Dean going to Hell because of you. You thought about your mom and how much you missed her.

You started to sob as you dug, your tears compromising your vision. You let the tears fall aimlessly. You couldn't find the strength to go on and your legs started to buckle. You tried to use the shovel to help support your weight but it wasn't enough. You fell to the ground and brought your knees to your chest. You loudly sobbed, not thinking about the brothers in the house who could probably hear you.

"Sweetheart..." you heard him say and you jumped up, wiping your tears away quickly.

"I'm fine." You said quickly and grabbed the fallen shovel. You went back to shoveling and started to hiccup, trying to hold in your cries.

"You're not fine," Dean whispered and touched your shoulder but you shrugged him off.

"I'm fine Dean," You sniffled and he sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Go back inside."

"But..."

"Go back inside, Dean." You said sternly and he sighed. He did as he was told and left your side. You let the tears fall and continued to dig. You heard the crunches of leaves getting louder and you sighed.

"I said I'm fine, Dean."

"I don't believe you." You looked behind you to see Sam standing there and not Dean. You let a few more tears fall but didn't bother to wipe them away.

"I'll be fine." You changed your meaning and he sighed, taking the shovel away from you.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Talk about what? Talk about how this is all my fault? Talk about how it's my fault Dean is dying? Talk about how I'm responsible for sending him to Hell? Talk about how I'll never get to see him again because of me? No thanks." You glared, trying to get the shovel back but he dropped it to the ground. Sam walked to you and grabbed the sides of your face, staring into your eyes.

"This is not your fault. What Dean did was his own choice. I will not let you destroy yourself."

"But..."

"No buts. One of us will finish digging. Why don't you go upstairs and take a shower or a bath? Relax, okay? You're not you when you're not thinking straight." You nodded and sighed. Sam leaned in and kissed your temple before letting you go. You clenched your jaw and left his side, walking into the house. You walked right past Dean without looking at him but you knew he was heartbroken at your behavior.

All you could do now is try and relax as much as you can.

After taking a much-needed shower, you walked downstairs to see Sam in the main room of the cabin. He was on the phone but Dean was nowhere to be seen. You'd figure he was the one burying the body.

"You ran the prints twice?... Are you sure?... Okay. Yeah, just chalk it up to lab error... Don't I know it... Okay. Thanks... Yeah, I'll tell the lieutenant." Sam said into the phone, having a conversation with someone you didn't know. He hung up and looked at you.

"I feel a little better. Kind of." You said, taking a seat next to him.

"Look, I'm not in love with Dean but I do love him, okay? You're not alone in this." Sam placed a hand on your knee.