"Our hearts beat the same." He said. Khaana stepped away, and a bitter cold took over. Ragnarsson opened his eyes and watch the conflicted expression on Khaana's face. " they are your tools, you need distance" she told herself.

Ragnarsson smiled and sunk down beneath the water. In the dark, Khaana could not spot him, she waited and watched thr water for ripples, surely he needed air soon.

However, Ragnarsson had swam down to the bottom of the river where the waters surface could not give away his movements. He smirked and with a tug at her legs pulled Khaana under.

When she opened her eyes, the whites illuminated a ghostly glow - lighting thw darkness so that she might see. Her eyes grew wide as she saw Ragnarsson's face coming nearer to her own in the srounding flurry of bubbles. As his lips crashed against hers Khaana gasped and he drew air from her.

Khaana's body relaxed and her arms hooked around his neck. Ragnarsson held her with one arm around her hips and kicked off the river floor to bring them back to the surface.

When they hit air the kiss was broken, Khaana said nothing and looked away, or rather she tried. Using his index finger Ragnarsson tilted her head to face him. "Are you running from me?" He asked. Khaana narrowed her eyes "I run from no one" she growled. Ragnarsson smirked "I am not no one, are you running from me?" He asked again.

Khaana grimaced and remained silent. Ragnarsson nodded and released her, backing away he headed for the shore. "You don't have to tell me why. I'll save you your pride." He said, in his words hung a hint of amusement.

As he walked from the water, Khaana turned her head away, but stole a glance. "You like a view An-nana?" He teased. Khaana turned her back to him "cover yourself, your bare arse is enough to leave even the gods blind!" She called back.

Khaana now lay in her cloak her eyes to the night sky, watching the stars. Trying her best to ignore the lumbering Dane curled next to her. He was a being a bit intrusive, his hands twirling her hair around his finger as he thought to himself.

Yet as intrusive as he was, he wasn't afraid of her. Fear leads people to harm things they do not understand, she felt safe with Ragnarsson. For Khaana, she's never felt safe with anyone, anywhere.

The next though fell on her heavily, she'd heard him say it earlier, but now she felt it. It shook her, and her usual calm ripped away and her body becane tense. "Khaana?" Ragnarsson asked, he rested a hand on her shoulder and leaned over her to peet at her face.

"Whats happened, do you sense something?" He asked quietly, reaching for the dagger strapped to his hip. Khaana shook him off her and sat up, legs crossed-butterflied as she gazed at the ground. The unfamilair feeling of fear grew slowly in her core.

He'd been the one to lead his clan to her location, he was the reason they raided the keep she was being held captive in. Ragnarsson was there with his father when they rushed her entrapment and he ended the life of the king that ordered her wings ripped from her.

He talked his father into not selling her to Ubba, thay the "gods" had intended her for their family. Ragnarsson calmed the more wary warriors who did not trust Khaana in the earlie days of her service.

Khaana slapped the dirt in frustraion and let out a sound close to a hiss. "An-nana?" Ragnarsson questioned slowly. "When did you let this happen!" She shouted at herself. Ragnarsson watched her in silence. Reaching out his hand he touched the small of her back, Khaana leaned away.

"Don't.. " she muttered. Turning to look over her shoulder, she gazed at him with cold eyes. "What've you done to me." She asked. Ragnarsson's brow furrowed "what?" He asked. "What have you done to me? A spell? Did you have a curse throqn upon me? What have you done!" Khaana raged.