1; serious

❦ -zach's pov
"a second longer and i would've started thinking you're the gay one, not me."

I walk into school and was immediately tackled into the locker. i groan and slap the laughing boy, "daniel! what the hell?" daniel chuckles, fixing my hair, "c'mon zach, the late bell already rang. we gotta get to class."

daniel interlocks my hand with his and pulls me to our first period that we conveniently have together. thankfully our teacher doesn't give a shit if we're late or not. we walk into the back and sit next to each other, just like any other day.

daniel and i have been best friends forever now. we're each other's only friends.. and in all honestly i don't mind. daniel's really funny and i'm more of the serious one, but i do like to have fun sometimes.

daniel leans over to me. "look at mr.bad boy in the front trying to smoke his juul," he whispers and i look up, looking at the front.

i immediately knew he was talking about jack avery. jack skates and drinks. a lot of people are afraid of him.. but i'm not. i think he's pretty attractive. but don't take this the wrong way, i despise him.

i've, of course, never talked to him. he only talks to his cool friends. oddly, i've never seen him with a girl before. i would think he would be the biggest fuckboy, considering how many girls go up to him everyday asking to touch his hair.

"hey, stop staring," daniel nudges me and i snap out of my daydream, looking over at him. daniel smiles, "a second longer and i would've started thinking you're the gay one, not me."

i laugh awkwardly, rubbing my neck. i haven't come out yet to anyone.. not even daniel.

the bell rings and i quickly get up, grabbing my things. "bye dani," i say and he waves bye as i start to walk out of the classroom. right as i was passing jack, he stands up, causing me to bump into him.

"sorry," i mumble and start to walk past him, just to be pulled back by my backpack. i fall onto the ground and look up, seeing jack towering over me. "what's your problem?" i ask, getting up.

"my problem? you just knocked over my things!" he yells, causing me to step back. what's up this guy's ass? "it was an accident, okay? i need to get to class," i say and walk past him once again.

i quickly walk to my second period and sit down, panting lowly. i feel my pants start to get tight and i shift in my seat. woah, i need to chill.

❦ -jack's pov

the brown headed boy walks out of class and i gulp. no one has ever stood up to me before like that. i angrily grab my things and fling my bag over my shoulder, walking out after the guy.

i watch him walk into his second period. i smirk and walk in the class, sitting next to him. he looks over at me, then looks away, not questioning it. he must've just thought i got switched into this class.

"meet me in the bathrooms in 5," i say and he looks over at me. "are you talking to me?" "obviously," i say rudely and he scoffs. "no thanks," he says and i grab his wrist. "i'm not going to say it again, pretty boy," i groan and he pulls his arm back.

"fine," he says finally and i smirk. i look down and see his hard on. he covers it with his hand, "dude?" i chuckle, winking, "see you in a little." i walk out of the class, going into the bathroom.

i lean up against the wall and slide down, sitting on the floor. i sigh and pull out my phone, waiting for the boy to come in. 5 minutes later, he walks in, arms crossed, "what the hell do you want?"

i stand up, smirking, "you think you're tough, huh?" "no. i'm just not taking your shit," he says and i lose my smile. i push him lightly, "you don't know me, asshole. don't assume shit." "i know what kind of person you are," he says.

i don't know why, but that really hurt me. "now what do you want?" he asks and i step back. "n-nothing," i say and grab my bag. "no, what?" he asks and i look down at him. "i was gonna invite you to a party because i thought you were cool, but i guess not," i say and start to walk away.

"wait.. i'm sorry for being so rude," he says softly and i turn around. "i guess i deserved it," i say and he sighs. "no you didn't," he says and i look into his brown eyes. "what's your name?" "zach," he says. ah, that's it.

"well.. zach.. believe it or not, i am not who everyone says i am. i do drink and all that.. but i'm more than that, i promise you," i say and he nods. "i believe you.. i'm just too serious sometimes," he admits and i step closer to him.

"then maybe my party will help you change," i smile and he furrows his eyebrows. "you still want me to go to that? after what i said?" he asks and i nod. "your confidence turns me on," i say and his eyes widen.

i chuckle, "give me your phone." still silent, he hands me his phone. i put my number in it. "text me later," i smirk and lean in, kissing his cheek. his cheeks turn red and i smile, walking away.

❦ -a/n
this will get better i promisseee :)