nine | the house on neibolt street!

TAG, YOU’RE IT

-

“STOP, BILL, THIS is crazy!" Sydney called out as they all walked onto the lawn of the house on Neibolt Street

Bill turned around on the porch with bravery visible in his green eyes. "Look, you don't have to come in with me, but what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Cocoran? Or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend like it didn't happened like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't. So I'm gonna walk into this house, because it's better than walking into my own." Bill concluded, turning around and facing the door.

"Wow." Richie breathed out.

"What?" Eddie asked.

"He didn't stutter once."

Arianna and Sydney looked at each other, both thinking about what Bill had said. "Bill, wait!" Sydney called, making Bill turn around. "Shouldn't we keep a look-out outside, just in case something bad happens?"

Bill slightly nodded. "Who wants to stay out here?"

Everybody but Beverly and Arianna raised their hands, making Arianna cringe.

Richie looked at Arianna, who's arm wasn't up, and knew that he couldn't let her into the house alone. "Fuck."

●●●

The teenagers all sorted out that Bill, Richie, Arianna, Eddie, and Sydney would go into the spooky house. The twins wanted to be together, just to make sure the other stayed safe.

Bill slowly opened the big, dirty front door, and they all walked in as a group, staying close to each other as they took in the creepy scene.

There were dust and cobwebs everywhere, some walls were torn down, and the left over furniture had white sheets over them. There were insects and dead rats in almost every corner, and the house reeked of skunk.

Richie shook his head in disbelief as he held Arianna's right hand, making sure to hold on tight, and never let go. "I can't believe I pulled the short straw - you guys are lucky we aren't measuring dicks."

"Shut up, Richie." Eddie said, not tearing his eyes away from the cobwebs on the wall they slowly passed.

Arianna scoffed slightly and cringed at what Richie had said, looking around the place in disgust. "Oh, please, Richie, even I have something longer than yours." She said, earning a snicker from Sydney, and a middle finger from Richie.

"It fucking stinks in here." Eddie complained, starting to go through his fanny pack.

Richie kept Arianna right behind him, starting to look around for himself.  "Don't breathe through your mouth."