eight | huge terrors and small kisses!

Start from the beginning

"Why, Rich? What are you afraid of?" Eddie asked, and Richie slowly turned around, slightly shuddering at what he just saw.

"Clowns."

●●●

"Okay, look. The storm drain - that's where Georgie went missing. There's the Iron Works, there's The Black Spot..." Bill pointed out.

The teenagers were all seated around the projector in the dark garage, looking at a map of the Derry sewers. "Everywhere It happens, they're all connected to the well house." Bill pointed out, making everybody shiver.

"The house on Neibolt street." Stanley muttered, staring at the map that was thumb-tacked to the board.

"You mean that creepy ass house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?" Richie bluntly asked, making Arianna roll her blue eyes.

"No, Richie. Just, no." Arianna shook her head and glared at him, making him chuckle and wrap his arm around her shoulders. Arianna and her sister had never seen the Neibolt house, but, by the loser's reactions, they could tell it was probably really scary. "Nope. Never seen it."

"I hate that place. I always feel like it's watching me." Beverly spoke quietly, fiddling with her key necklace.

Sydney cringed, staring at the board and remembering what she had flashes about last night. She remembered the flickering lights in an abandoned house, and the clown's words specifically being, "you're next!" along with a nasty cackle. "I heard that some kid went in there as a dare; he never came back out."

"That's where I saw It. That's where I saw the clown." Eddie said in a hoarse voice, taking multiple pumps from his inhaler.

"That's where It lives." Bill concluded.

Stanley slowly shook his head. "I can't imagine anything wanting to live there..."

Eddie stood up and quickly walked in front of the projector. "Can we stop talking about this? It's summer. We're kids. I - I can't breathe - I'm gonna have a fucking asthma attack! Fuck doing this!" He said before turning around and ripping the map off the board.

"What the hell? Put the map back!" Bill told him.

"Nuh-uh!"

Suddenly, the projector switched to a picture of Georgie and one of his friends, then it quickly switched to multiple photographs of Bill's family throughout the years of when Georgie wasn't missing. "Georgie?" Bill muttered, staring at the screen.

Arianna stood up, furrowing her eyebrows as she stared at the board like everybody else. "Bill, what's happening?" She asked, knowing she wasn't going to get an answer, not taking her blue eyes off of the photographs. Then, the projector finally stopped on one picture, of Bill, Georgie, and their parents outside the church, smiling widely, happy as could be.

Everyone silently watched in fear as the projector slowly started zooming in, then started flashing quickly, zooming towards Bill's mother's face, showing her red hair blowing all over her face. Then, her hair flew out of her face, showing that of a sinister-looking clown, making everybody start panicking.

"That's the clown! It's It!" Sydney panicked, remembering the clown from her flashes all too clearly. She backed up toward Beverly as Beverly held her arms.