"chapter thirteen"

"to my best friend, i love you"

the losers were all sitting in a circle as beverly told her story of what it was like when she was floating

it was painful to listen to the story, for laura felt terrible for what happened to her best friend.

"i had a dream once" laura starts. "we were all here, together except we were older, and married. we even had kids. but we were dealing with what we are dealing with now" say says kicking a rock.

"what if that happens?" she says "what if, it comes back but to take OUR kids or something or us, i mean only one of us may still be here in derry we can't do that alone can we?" she says.

"swear it," bill picks up a piece of glass and stands up. "swear, if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back we'll come back too" beverly was the first to stand up. followed by richie, laura, eddie, mike, ben and stanley.

bill went in a circle cutting his own hand, then richies, all down in a circle.

they all grabbed each other's opposite hands, so the blood wouldn't mix, and stood there in total silence. laura almost wanted to tear up, she went from having a few fake friends and she planned on being lonely all summer.

but she has her losers, and thinking about when they are 40 and not together anymore almost scares her.

they all let go, letting the dark blood drip from their finger tips onto the dry grass.

everybody started to leave, and laura made sure to hug each and every one of them. she knew she would see them when school started but she felt it was right.

"i'll catch up with you later okay?" laura says to richie. he plants a kiss on her cheek and leaves, leaving her billy and beverly.

"bill can i talk to beverly real quick?" laura asks. bill nods his head before laura pulls beverly to the side.

"i cant believe you are leaving me with these losers" laura says causing beverly to laugh. the two girls started to cry. their friendship become one of the strongest over the summer.

"i was gonna write out a whole speech for you but, i kinda lost it" laura laughs while the tears stream down her face.

"beverly marsh you are my best friend." she says grabbing her hands. "you taught me how to not be afraid , you taught  me right from wrong, and i don't know how i'm gonna survive the rest of my life without you, but i'll try." she says.

"i-i this doesn't even feel real, i wish the best of luck to you okay?" beverly nods her head. "and to my best friend i love you more than you could imagine" laura says, as she slides her favorite scrunchie onto bevs wrist.

"your scrunchie" bev says surprised "i'll get a new one, but i won't be getting a new best friend" laura says. bev smiles as she pulls laura into a hug.

"oh my god i'm gonna miss you so much" beverly says. "you have my number call as many times as you want i'm not leaving okay?" laura says.

laura gives her best friend a kiss on the forehead. the two walk over to bill. "i'll see you later bill okay?" laura says hugging him. "o-okay laura" bill smiles.

"i love you beverly" laura says. "i love you laura" she smiles before laura turns around and walks away. it was a painful walk away, she cried even harder. she turns around and sees bill and beverly sitting on a log talking, she softly smiles before disappearing into the woods.

i'm so sorry this is short but i'm trying to make the story last lol. i cried #marshgrove is a ship🤧