"What?! What makes you think it's a person?" I say clearly abashed by her bluntness.

"I am your mother, Sarah. Believe it or not, I've been through this. So, tell me, who is it?"

I look helplessly around my room, trying to find anything, any excuse to escape from this conversation, but as it turns out, my brain has practically ran out of all the plausible excuses and just like a loser, I release a sigh.

Clearly, noticing my uncomfortable behaviour, she quickly rebounds with, "Ok fine, don't tell me his name, just tell me, is he good? Does he like you?"

I give my mom an incredulous look, like, 'do you even know what are you talking'.

But all in all, I would not disagree to the fact that whenever his brown pair of eyes looked at me, my heart always did a back flip and my stomach was tied up in knots. I've been feeling like this for a while now, and I am not going to jump to quixotic conclusions. I think it's just a kind of silly attraction that I have towards him, like all the other girls. But what's inexplicable is, the extent of effect that he has on me. Did he have the same effect on the other girls?

"Earth to Sarah." As my mother shakes her hand from side to side, I am brought back to the present.

"I asked you a question?" She said with a raised eyebrow, clearly analysing me.

"I am sorry, what?"

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

As if that thought did not pop into my mind.

Whenever I thought, Jake was spending his time with another girl, I was quite okay about it.

Well, who am I kidding, I was a teensy tiny bit jealous.

Before my mom could pop another question, the doorbell rang and I could hear the door open and my father welcoming someone. Even amidst these muffled voices, I could recognize that voice. Hell, I could recognize it even in my dreams.

"Jake's here." I say looking at the mirror once more and adjusting my make-up.

"Jake...I see." Mom said with a suspicious tone.

"What? He's just my friend." I say exaggeratedly with my arms flowing in the air.

"Yeah, well, whatever you say." She said with her arms still crossed, a clear sign that she hasn't given up this topic yet.

"We are waiting for you downstairs, Ok? Come fast."

"Okay, mom."

As my mom left, I cannot help but freak out because I am suddenly conscious about my dress, make-up, my hair-do. What if I mess up?

"You're gonna get through this." I say out loud to my reflection.

I take a deep breath as I am opening the door of my room. I start climbing downstairs with my sweaty hands.

As I reach the bottom of my stairs, my black eyes directly meet his brown ones. I don't know about anyone, but I could surely see that glint in his eyes. That look of awe!

He looks me up and down, and I could feel blood rushing in my whole body, it was as if he was looking straight through me, into my soul. He was looking at me as if I was the only person in the room ... in the whole damn world. He looked at me as if I mattered to him, as if I was the most important thing to him in that moment and I couldn't help but bite my lip in nervousness. It was as if his hypnotizing gaze was looking right through me and in that moment I felt that nothing and no one mattered to me in the world and that he was my only reason to smile.