CHAPTER: 11

PAST

Girl: Was our meeting an intended act of fate? Or was it just a mere coincidence holding importance of nothing more than iota in the whole universe? Why did I fall in love, if it was just a mere coincidence? Why did I choose the path of love when I could have flamboyantly chosen the path of ignorance? Why is the pain of his absence so interminable? Is this pain just a mere coincidence?

As I took a deep breath, I looked at myself for the last time in the mirror. The short heart line light pink dress with a flowy tulle skirt looks perfectly fine on my body, along with my silver shimmery heels. I grab a necklace from my drawer which has a tiny silver heart in the middle and wear it around my neck.

"Perfect." I think out loud.

The D-Day, aka, Homecoming has finally arrived

The D-Day, aka, Homecoming has finally arrived. And I am nervous as hell. Not just because I have definitely outcasted myself from the dancing category of people, but also Jake is going to be with me, all this time. If it were for me, I would have certainly given a big no-no to this Homecoming shit, but all of my friends were going, and let's just face it, Jake asked me out to Homecoming. I remember just how nervous and anxious he was when we asked me. Thinking about it, a small smile curves up on my lips and I cannot help but blush because of it, that I, Sarah Jones, aka, a short-puppy faced girl, left Jake Smith, aka, The Greek God, speechless.

How interesting, don't you think?

"What are you so happy about?" I was so caught up in my dreams, that I didn't really notice when my mother entered.

"Nothing, I am just-you know----excited, for this."

"You, Sarah? Excited for Homecoming? That's pretty hard to accept." I feel like punching myself multiple times, to the point where I am a teensy bit knowledgeable of my speaking skills. What was I thinking? She is my mom. Ofcourse, she knows my likes and dislikes. But I cannot just go forth and say, 'Yeah actually, mom I was thinking about a boy whom you are going to meet in few minutes, who is as hot as a volcano and who is responsible for all the girls to stop talking and turn their heads in his direction whenever he walks by.'

So, I decided to wrap this topic up by, "Well, mom how am I looking?"

"You are looking beautiful, as always." She spoke with the sensitive warmth as she walked towards me and kissed me on the forehead. Well, this is basically my mom. Ella Jones, who is very scary and other-worldly when things are not in their proper places, but at times like these, she would be the most sensitive person on the planet.

"Mom, I am not going anywhere. It's just some boring shitty Homecoming" I say playfully to lighten her mood.

"Yet, somehow you are excited for it."

Well I did not see that one coming. I should have thought that through.

"Come on, tell me, who is he?" She says with excitement filled in her voice.