CHAPTER: 12

PRESENT

Boy: If it's not fate, then what is it? Fate was culpable to make me fall irrevocably in love with her, when the odds, on the contrary refused to let her stand on the same side of the bridge. Fate is responsible for providing my hopes a dais only to renege it at the end. Fate is and will always be the reason of our meeting.

I tried to open my eyes but I had to immediately squint it because of the bright daylight in the room.

"Urgh" I groaned in pain as my head felt as if it was carrying a burden of 100 pounds and someone was hammering it continuously. I sat up on the bed, with my head held up in my hands and tried to blink my eyes ferociously. Slowly, I felt the things transforming from blurry to clear in my vision and boy, did I realize that this is not my room.

Oh Shit. Where the fuck am I?

If not before then, I am certainly awake now. My heart is pounding in my chest heavily because I don't know whose room is this. The air is blocked inside my lungs and I am sweating like a person who just ran 10 kilometers. I think I am hyperventilating because out of all the things that are happening to me lately, sleeping one whole night in a stranger's room is not prudent. And suddenly, the memories of blue car, my destroyed room, that lady flashed into my mind and I realized that I had to get out of here.

I grabbed the quilt that was covering me and threw it on the bed away from me, in order to escape from here. But in this process, I notice handprints all over my hands.

This should not be what I am thinking it to be.

And these handprints covered only my arms. They were no prints on any other part of my body. I closed my heavy mind for all the dirty and bad thoughts from entering. Nothing has happened to you, Sarah. I mentally console myself.

But what happened last night?

I pressurized my mind to flash some memories of last night, but none of it came instead pounding increased and my head felt heavier than it possibly was.

I remember wearing this dress and going to Neil's house with my friends where the surprise party was held, I remember talking to Neil, I remember going in a room or someplace like that, I remember talking to Andr-

The door creaks open. I could see only see the shoes at the bottom of the door of a person who is holding the door knob on the other side. From the shoes, it is clear that the person is a boy. The door slowly opens and the figure steps inside the room in full view.

Wearing a red t-shirt with dark blue jeans and holding a cup of coffee between the hands, stands Andrew with his bright blue ocean eyes which are busy looking at me.

I sigh of relief escapes my mouth as I realize that this is Andrew's room and no one else's. But why am I even at Andrew's?

"You are awake." He said with a cold voice which said that something is quite not into it's place.

"Why am I here? And what-what happened last night? How come I am still in my clothes?" I attacked him with my questions as I really needed to know what happened last night after I met him.

Instead of answering my questions, he just raised his eyebrows and asked, "You don't remember?"

"No, otherwise I wouldn't be asking you in the first place."

"You really don't remember what happened last night?" He said as he took a step towards me.

"Don't beat around the bush, Andrew. Just tell me what happened yesterday." I urged him to say as fear took control over me.