•Two

It started off as a friendship filled with fun and excitement. Sarah Borne was a star too, at least in my eyes she was. She knew how to handle every situation that we came across in and she was very handy.

At times, I wondered if Sarah loved how she was. Soon I learnt that her smile has a silk screen of lies. Sarah was the girl that had it all, a perfect rich family and no brother to share the attention with.

We were at her house. A simple play date with my best friend. We've been friends for two years now and everything I needed to know about her I knew. That's why when we were playing with her toys, she was loud.

Unnecessarily loud.

But even though she pretends to be okay, I knew for the fact she wasn't well. Mr. And Mrs. Borne kept fighting, shouting, and sometimes hurting each other.

I remember how she looked that day. Her fragile smile was a quivering mess, I didn't even think. I just hugged her and screamed the loudest I can to try and block the hideous screams that was hurting her so much.

I had her back everytime when she needed me. I loved her like my own sister and she gets me like no body else.

For years, we went through a lot of crap. Life in general was a big, smelly horse crap. We helped each other out. And we were able to survive through elementary.

After Sarah turned ten, her mother had decided to leave them both her and Mr. Borne. I knew they were both better without her. Her mother was an addict that squeezed every last penny her father had. That's why they always fought. Mr. Borne didn't want to keep on supporting Mrs. Borne's habits.

Sadly, the day Sarah's mom decided to leave. My father got into an accident. He was driving under the influence of alcohol. He and his buddies went for a drink after my dad got promoted to his dream job.

So sad really.

The thing was, dad never got hurt from his accident when he drove our car into a someone's garage. He died in jail because of a heart attack. I guess all that excitement from totaling our car and being arrested for DUI did it.

I was devastated that day. We were all devastated. But nothing could compare from what I felt. I felt angry that he left, confused on what was going to happen and sad, because my dad was never going to come back in our lives.

It pained me so much. And for the next couple of months had been too hard for me. It was like I had no one.  I was alone in my grief, and I was too afraid to do something about it.

I remember how my mom cried so much that she didn't work for a whole month. She truly did missed him, and she forgot about me. While Aaron, was too much of a prick to actually show what he felt inside. How he was slowly dying inside. He did needn't to say it. His eyes told me everything I needed to know. And it was the only time I truly felt sad for him, wondering if he could ever love me like that.

 And it was the only time I truly felt sad for him, wondering if he could ever love me like that