Chapter 12: The Devil and The Stupid

*Vince's POV*

"What the?!" I said out of shock. What the hell is happening?

Bigla lang pumatay yung mga ilaw at nalock yung mga pinto. I immediately run to the door of the gym.

"VINCE!" the stupid shouted. Psh, tapang-tapang tapos takot din pala sa dilim? I looked at the left side of the benches, since she's currently cleaning it, and I saw her running down the stairs untill she gets to the court. Bilis nya din palang tumakbo. I just ignored her and went for the door.

Sa bilis nyang tumakbo ay naabutan nya agad ako sa pinto. I pulled the handle and it didn't open. I tried to push it hard and it didn't bulge.

"Uy, anyare?" she asked. What a dumb.

"Isn't it obvious to you or do I have to explain it?" I said. She just pouted. What the?! Why does she always do that? She looks like a dog. "Askal" pala. I turned back to the door and did every move just to open it.

"Ayaw nyang bumukas." I said while bumping my left shoulder at the door. I'm trying to push it open, pero ayaw talaga nito bumukas.

"Pano na yan?" she said really worried. I took out my phone. This school let the students to use phone but their contacts should be inside the campus only. The landline phone are only allowed to use for outside calls. I dialed Ethan's number and guess what? Walang signal. I groaned in frustration. I turned to stupid and she looks like panicking. Why would she? Don't tell me, she's afraid of dark. Tss.

"Hey you!" I called out she turned to me with pale face. Why does she looks so scared?

"Give me your phone," I said nonchalantly while she's looking around like idiot.

"What?" she said.

"Your phone, I can't contact anyone outside." lahat ba talaga kailangang i-explain sa kanya?

"Phone? Wala eh. Paano na yan?" she said while pointing to my phone in my hands. I just ignored her dumbness and went to the stairs. I sit at the end of it. She followed sit next to me.

"Uy, bakit tayo na-lock?" she asked.

"They are closing all the rooms here, including the gym, every 7:00 in the evening when there are no practices." I said not looking at her.

"Hala! Pano yan?" she asked completely worried? Why is she like that? We can get out this morning.

"Let's wait for tomorrow. Maaga naman din 'to binubukas," sabi ko at nilagay ang aking braso sa aking mata. I turned off my phone incase of emergencies. I don't want to die with that stupid girl.

I felt her presence beside me. Bago ko pa nalaman ay katabi ko na sya. Ugh! "Would please stay a meter away from me?" I said irritatedly. Nakakainis ang presensya nya. She just look at me and pouted. Tss, ayan nanaman sya. I just arched an eyebrow and she move away. Pero hindi ito nakaka-abot ng isang metro. I wave my hand saying to move more and she did it. Bale dito lang kami sa baba. She sat while hugging her knees and burried her face on it. Ipinikit ko nalang muna ang aking mga mata. Maybe I can sleep like this...

A few minutes later I heard some...sniff? Then followed by...sobs?

No one died in this school right? Not that I am scared in ghost, I don't even believe in it. I look at the side and found the stupid girl's shoulders are arching up and down. She's crying? I slide near her.

She is crying.

I get nearer and nearer that her sobs are really clear. I was about to hold her when she started to push me away.

"Stay away from me... Please... Do not... touch me... Please..." she said between cries. I have no choice but to hold her in my arms. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang sumapi sa akin, but it is the first time that I felt... concern? Nah, scratch that, I feel pity right? Argh!