"So before going she laid with my father and impregnated herself. Afterwards, she ran away back to Olympus. She knew that the council couldn't execute her now that she carried life within her - after all, gods valued life. Thankfully King Jupiter and Queen Juno were close friends with mum, so they wouldn't have done such a rash thing in the first place. Unfortunately, uncle Jupiter had to do something to keep the respect that other deities had for him intact; so he cursed her children to be half wolf and half-demigod." His voice came out shaky, this was harder than he thought it would be.

"Aunty Juno though, gifted her children with powers and made my mum goddess of wolves too. I've always loved aunty Juno, she avoided a few slaps upside my head from mum." He chuckled lightly, reminiscing the times he spent in Olympus with them.

"Fast-forward four months later, mum gave birth to her first child - who was me - two days after my brother Brucio and finally a week later her smallest Malcom." Aurnia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

How did the children come out on widely differing days when they shared the same womb? Moreover, how did she give birth Four months after? Her grimace didn't go unnoticed by Othello.

"Growing rates of demigods and gods are much more complicated and different compare to humans and animals. Gods could carry fifteen children for all we know, and they'll still be born on different days - unless they were twins. It's weird I know." He slowly explained knowing that it was a lot to take in already. Aurnia pouted in confusion but nodded nonetheless.

"Anyhow, when we were older an issue arose. The Dark Gates locking in the Underworld was being forced open and some monsters slipped through the cracks and wiped out nearly half the population on earth. Go figure what would have happened if the gates were wide open."

"Unfortunately, Gods couldn't do much - their existence lied solely in Olympus and not on earth. But we were demigods, so we existed in both the human world and in Olympus - my mother agreed to send us down to close the gates. After the long and strenuous task of locking the underworld safely, the earthquakes caused the earth to split and drift apart in seven pieces of land. So, the council thought it was better if we stayed down here to look after humans and the Dark Gate." He nodded as if affirming his own words to himself - he didn't like that the higher-ups had ordered them to stay on earth, his brothers and him had been very disappointed that they couldn't see their mother again. Now thinking of it, it had been ages since hed last felt his mother's true warmth.

"If gods couldn't step foot on earth, then how did your mother do it? And if your mother could then so could the others I assume?" Aurnia cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

"Always asking questions, my mate." Othello teased her, earning him a hard glare - right, she was still pissed.

"Mum could possess a body on earth - like every deity - so she created a vessel which turned to dust when she retracted into her celestial form. But when becoming mundane the divine powers within them subdue so even if the others did descend, they wouldn't be able to use their powers to one hundred percent. Even though the body disintegrated, her children remain inside her Celestial body." He cleared up his mate's misconception - Aurnia nodded slowly in understanding.

She didn't want to believe all this was real, heck if she even believed her existence was real. She wanted to wake up from this bad dream, she wanted to sit up in her bed at home and forget this - she wanted to go back to the little café and do some work as Sam tried to strike up a conversation with her, she wanted to go back home afterwards and continue life as it was. Unfortunately, this was the real world, her world now. She needed to get used to this, she needed to normalise this.

"It got lonely, you know?" She was dragged out of her conscience when Othello spoke.

"We were the only werewolves on earth and we had to hide that. We felt alienated and different from the humans, plus we were lonely, no woman could satisfy our longing for love since they would eventually grow old and wither away." His eyes were now distant, as if he was recalling that painful lonesomeness - he will not lie that scars of those days latched onto his heart and would probably stay there for the rest of his days.

"Mum saw that and started sending down her creations - were-people like us. Five males and five females on each continent. She tied their souls together so that they would never feel unloved - that's what soulmates are. Us though she let the Universe decide on our soulmates, she didn't want to disrupt our fates." He smiled slowly at his mate who was fiddling with her fingers nervously.

He knew that she was still uncomfortable with this latest information, but she was still adjusting - trying to keep an open-mind. He admired Aurnia for that, she tried to step out of her comfort zone even if she was scared shitless; she was strong and adventurous, she was his.

"What am I?" her small voice startled him, he hadn't heard her speak for a good ten minutes. He sighed knowing that she wouldn't like what he was going to say.

"You're my soulmate."

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■
Oopss....
Another long ass chapter...
And a lot of info and technicalities😅

Hope they didn't bore you, but they were necessary.

Anyways,
Thoughts???

Don't forget to;

VOTE & SHARE

FOLLOW your girl too❤

Love y'all!!

~Nextdoorgirl101