•05•

Emmett's POV

I was attracted to Ezra Geralds. God, my little angel eyed human made me feel all of the emotions I had almost forgotten about in my 68 years as a vampire. Jealousy, love, and care. I mean I loved my family, but this love was different. It made me feel different.

It angered me that he was hurt so much. He reminded me much of my sister and best friend, Rosalie. He had her same bitchiness and annoyed personality, but I knew it was just to hide his true feelings.

When I first laid eyes on him, I knew he was mine. My mate. I had finally found my mate. I was shocked at first when I saw he was male because I had only ever been attracted to females, but I quickly got over it. He was everything I didn't know I needed. He made me smile without even trying. When I realized he was human all I wanted to do was take him away and lock him up to protect him from all the wrong in the world.

He was really driving me insane. During lunch, I was so ready to kill that Tyler kid for hurting my mate. I would have as well if Ezra hadn't stopped me. I did however show Tyler not to mess with my mate after I had calmed down a little.

Ezra. Even just thinking his name brought a smile to my face.

"Wow, Emmett, you're utterly whipped," Marshall teased and I glared at my brother, rolling my eyes slightly.

"Why can't you and Eddie ever just stay out of other people's heads?" I said with a playful glare. Marshall just laughed as he leaned against my Jeep, arms crossed against his chest.

"You're thinking very loudly, Brother," Marshall chuckled.

"I can't help it. After meeting him, all I can seem to do is think about him," I said with a small grin on my face as I looked across the parking lot at my mate, who was currently reading a book while leaning against someone's car, "I want to be near him all the time, I want to be the one to make him happy and smile. I just want him. I need him."

"Its the mate bond," Jasper explained, "The pull is strong for vampires, you'll crave him and his presence. It's a strong connection between you both. He feels it as well, though he is fighting it. He is human so it makes sense that he doesn't understand these intense emotions."

"I don't understand all the excitement for one human," Rosalie rolled her eyes as she looked at my mate.

"He is our brother's mate," Alice said as if that explained it all and quite frankly, it did.

"Plus, he doesn't smell appetizing. He smells good, but he smells like home. I can withstand being around him," Jasper said. I smiled at that. My mate was different, special. I turned my attention back to Ezra as he pushed himself off of the car he had been leaning on.

He closed his book and stuffed it into his backpack, before flinging his bag over his shoulders. I watched as he turned to walk out of the school's parking lot, and my eyes narrowed. Was my mate walking home? The nearest house was at least 15 minutes away from the school.

"Emmett," Alice spoke softly, but before she had the chance to say much else I was already in my Jeep, starting it up. I peeled out of the school's parking lot as quick as I could without drawing attention to myself.

I spotted my mate not too far up the street. I pulled up alongside him and slowed slowly, driving alongside him. I rolled the passenger side window down and leaned across the armrest.

"Ezra!" I shouted. My mate turned his head, those blue eyes falling onto me. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Emmett?! What are you doing?" He questioned.

"I could be asking you the same thing."

"I'm walking home," Ezra shrugged casually as if that explained it all.