midnight memories

"Babe, lets go! You've been styling that quiff for over 20 minutes!" Olivia yells from across the house. Luke was going to take Olivia out to this fancy restaurant in Cape May tonight.

"Sorry Liv, but it takes time to look this good." Luke adds a wink while hugging Olivia from behind.

"You're such a dork." Olivia says while escaping Luke's grasp.

Olivia takes one final look in the mirror before leaving the house. She wore a navy blue dress with nude heels, with her hair in loose waves. This was a nice change from her everyday black jeans, Mayday Parade band tee, and black high top converse. Luke dressed fancy in black dress pants and a white button up shirt, with his classic blonde quiff.

"Ok, what shall we listen to today?" Luke asks while hopping in their blue corvette.

"Hmmm... I'm thinking Greenday!" Olivia exclaims whilst playing her all time favorite Greenday song, Jesus of Suburbia.

The two rocked out the entire nine minute long song, and continued to talk about random things the rest of the car ride.

Luke and Olivia hopped out of the car and headed inside the restaurant, then were seated by the waitresses. The restaurant was beautiful, it was right on a dock with big windows, so you could see the sunset and the ocean.

"Thank you Olivia." Luke says out of the blue.

"For what?" Olivia answers questioningly while Luke begins to grab her hands.

"For being so amazing, you are truly the best girlfriend ever." Luke said as a smile begins to form on his face.

Olivia smiles shyly and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear before letting out a small laugh. The waitress soon came back to take their order. They both ordered their food, and Luke got up to use the bathrooms while they were waiting.

Out of the corner of Olivia's eye, she swore she could see someone who looked just like the boy she had seen earlier that day.

That can't be possible! That is not the boy from earlier, what was his name... oh right, Harry. Wait, he's with another girl! What! I can't believe this boy. Olivia thought

She turns her head to see if her assumption was correct, if it was actually Harry or if her mind was playing tricks on her. There he was, the tall curly headed boy that she had seen earlier today with another girl. The girl looked like she was about her height with brown hair, bright blue eyes and freckles.

Olivia noticed that the two had started walking near a table that was relatively close to the one her and Luke were at, she prayed that they wouldn't be near each other because she knew she would be distracted by Harry.

Luke was still in the bathroom, and the girl had gotten up to use the bathroom as well. Harry had noticed that Olivia was right next to him so, he took it upon himself to say hello to her.

"Wow small world, I would never have guessed I would run into you again!" Harry says.

"I cannot believe you right now Harry! How dare you flirt with me while I can already see that you're in a relationship, and now you have the nerve to come up to me again!" Olivia says with pure disgust in her voice.

"Oi, give it a rest would you, her name is Julia and I've only been on a few dates with her" Harry scoffs.

"Well, its incredibly rude of you to do something like that, and plus I have a boyfriend" Luke started to come back to the table with a confused look on his face once he sees Olivia and Harry talking.

"Hey, you look familiar... have we met before?" Luke asks Harry.

"Actually honey this is Harry, he left his wallet in my bag earlier today. You might recognize him from when you were picking me up." Olivia cuts in, while Luke grips onto Olivia's arm.

"Oh, ok then... nice meeting you Harry, I'm Luke. I'm her boyfriend" Luke replies emphasizing boyfriend, which makes Harry roll his eyes as Julia comes back to her table.

"Oh, um... hello." Julia says but it comes out as almost a question.

"Luke, Olivia, I would like to formally introduce you to Julia" Harry announces.

"We met earlier today while Harry was at work" Olivia says while flashing a fake smile.

Julia gives a quick nod and sits back down. The rest of the night was pretty awkward, Harry constantly giving flirty looks at Olivia while she rolls her eyes and scoffs every time she sees him. Deep down, Olivia knows that she shouldn't be thinking of Harry but she can't stop. She wonders what it would feel like to hold his hands, or what it would be like to go on an actual date with him, but alas she is with Luke.

Harry's POV

Why does she have to be so adorable? She looks so perfect tonight, besides that breadstick of a boyfriend she has. Ugh, I just want to get him out of the way already.

I've always been a flirt. Hell, I know that I could pick up a girl anytime I wanted but, Olivia was different. I felt a connection towards her, I want to make her mine.

It was quite ironic how Olivia and Luke had shown up at the same restaurant as Julia and I. Maybe it was fate, or maybe it was just a coincidence and I'm not actually meant to be with her.

Continuously throughout the night, I would try to get her attention by winking or making funny faces at her but, she did not seem amused. Olivia would just mouth the words "cut it out" or just roll her eyes, it made me upset to think that the girl I thought belonged with me didn't feel the same.

But whatever, Julia is great too I guess. I mean don't get me wrong I really like her, she's funny, smart, and beautiful, but I feel a stronger connection between Olivia and I.

(End of Harry's POV)

Olivia and Luke had finished dinner and were heading out as Harry waved quickly in hopes of Olivia waving back.

"I don't really like that guy, he seems...sketchy if you know what I mean" Luke says as they get back in the car.

"Yea you're right, I ran into him once and he acts like we're best friends or something like that" Olivia said with a fake laugh. She knows she has feelings for Harry but she must keep them hidden from Luke, it would kill him to know that the love of his life has feelings for someone else.

"Strange dude, at least you have me to protect you from weirdos like him"

"My night in shining armor!" Olivia and Luke laugh as they make their way back to the shore house.

Back at the house, Olivia throws on one of Luke's t-shirts as they both get into bed.

"I love you Olivia" Luke says as he wraps his arms around her.

"I love you too Luke"Olivia says. But she feels so guilty about it, knowing she has fallen for Harry.