The Last

My father once told me about a time where our home was the most magnificent and crystalline thing he had ever see. I don't remember those times.

What I remember is how the invasion began: it started slowly with beautiful white flakes floating around us. Some wanted to dance with them, some wanted to touch them and others wanted to taste them. With each year that passed more flakes appeared and decorated our home.

The flakes were followed by both elegant transparent and colored prisms which we quickly started using as beds and refuge. One day my friend Bill offered a white circle to his daughter Hawk, she was extremely happy and felt so special and proud of wearing that necklace that she started showing it to all of her friends. There were so many of these necklaces available and they looked so pure that everyone wanted one.

More than a necklace it was a symbol: the symbol of what nature gave us.

All those who could wear one did it, little did they know it would be their death. One by one they started dying either from suffocation or hunger as the white chain around their neck was to tight for them to breathe and eat.

We thought the fatalities would end there but even those who didn't wear the necklaces started dying. Some ate too many white flakes while others got stuck in their elegant prisms. What Nature gave us was a poisonous gift.

Today, I'm the last of my species. My home is filled with flakes, prisms, and circles. I can't see the sun and the air is getting worse. It's becoming harder and harder to breathe as the veil above me is killing the trees and the oxygen.

I am the last of my species and I'm dying.

I am the last of my species and I'm dead.

Little did I know that the poisonous gift wasn't from Nature but a present from another species: Homo sapiens, they call themselves. And little did they know that by killing us they were killing themselves.

They are the last species on Earth and they are dying.

They are the last species on Earth and they are dead.