Odyssey On Odyssey

Beep...beep

   Corbin frowned slightly as he slowly came to awareness, the sound stirring up his drowsy senses, annoying him in the process.

   Beep...beep

   He groaned weakly, trying to swallow but his mouth was dry, he tried to move into a more comforting position, wanting precious sleep to take over his exhausted body, but sudden ache shot through his entire being, making him wince in pain and frown all the more.

   Beep...beep

   The hell was that noise?

   He opened his eyes, his sight instantly overcome by a bright light that forced him to narrow his eyelids until his vision got used to it.

   His eyes hovered around as much as they could, examining the place once he realized that there wasn't a muscle in his body that wasn't sore, his lips were dry and he couldn't find his voice to speak, it actually hurt to try and talk.

   Where was he?

   Pale blue sheets were covering his body, blankets enveloping him in delicious warmth while a light bulb hanged from the ceiling just right above him. Thin drapes of the same color were pulled around the bed he was lying in, blinding him from everything else around.

   This definitely wasn't his house.

   It was only a few moments later that the beeping sound caught his attention again and he turned his head carefully around to find himself attached to a machine through some weird tubes.

   What the...?

   He sat up slowly, pain lingering at his wrist while he did, making him glance down at his right hand. His eyes widened when he saw bandages covering his wrist up to his elbow.

   He removed them quickly, ignoring the still existent painful stinging to see a slash that traveled from his wrist to midway cross his inner forearm, seemingly deep, but halfway healed.

   More confused than ever, Corbin was about to rip the cables off his arm and chest and get out of the bed he was tucked in and search for someone who could give him answers before he heard a familiar faint voice coming from behind the curtains.

   Two figures, most likely women, stood behind the thin blue drapes as they exchanged words, the soft voice that reached his ears, the slim form and the hand notions he could distinguish one of them imitating just screamed Crystal Iverson.

   His mother.

   He sighed, somewhat relieved that someone he knew was here, he was about to call her with whatever strength his currently weak voice had when the curtains were pulled aside and his blues looked up at his mother, who's identical eyes he's inherited from her immediately widened when they fell on him.

   Her hands flew up to her mouth and her eyes watered, she looked behind her, then at him, then behind her, then him again.

   "Oh my God." She whispered, although the words sounded muffled coming from her covered mouth before she rushed to him and surrounded him with her arms, evidently crying as she tightly held him.

   "Cameron!" She yelled through her tears. There was a sound of someone stumbling before the door was swung open and his father rushed in, the alarmed look on his face was soon replaced by slight shock when his eyes landed on Corbin.

   "He's awake!" His mother chocked out, tightening her hold on him while his father released a breath he seemed to have been holding for ages, he rubbed his eyes with his fingers, seemingly on the verge of tears himself when he walked closer to them, joining his mother in the death grip she had on him.