A Blast From the Past

She scrabbled along with her crayons, drawing uneven little incoherent shapes, scowling every now and then when a mishap demolished her already jumbled figures, still with a simple, fleet wave of her hand, the error was gone.

   Her ears perked up at the sound of a swift whistle coming from outside followed by Jupiter's barks. She slid off her chair and hasted towards the window, eyes instantly shimmering as she gasped excitedly.

   'Mommy!' She squealed, running towards her mother to circle around her as the woman looked down at her with confused eyes.

   'He's here! He's here!' She managed out, and as quickly as her little feet allowed her, she ran to the house's back door leading to the garden, her bright green eyes scanning her surroundings once she was outside, immediately landing on the kneeling figure of a young man patting Jupiter's head while the dog kept on licking his face.

   'Felix!' She called aloud, bolting for an instant run towards him.

   His black hair covered head snapped ahead at the sound of her voice, golden-yellow eyes glowing as a wide smile spread across his handsome face, revealing a set of pearly white teeth as his arms stretched forward for her to jump into his hold.

   He stood up once she was securly in his grip and swung her around, laughing as she squealed happily.

  'Someone missed me.' He said, chuckling when she nodded hurriedly.

   'I sure did! You said you'd visit every week and you didn't. I should be mad at you!' She pouted. 'In fact, I am mad at you!' She crossed her arms over her chest, trying to give him her best 'I'm mad at you' look, but it only gained her more laughs from him.

   'Is that so?' He inquired, still smiling.

   'Yes.' She responded.

   He placed her down on her feet gently before kneeling in front of her, clinching his hands together as a pleading look crossed his face.

   'Dear princess, I beg you forgiveness. Oh! The excruciating pain of your wrath overwhelms my poor senses! Have mercy on this pitiful soul! Am I to forever fall prisoner for your vindictive Fury?' He wailed dramatically, and she could hear her mother's laughs from inside between his artificial weeps.

   She squinted for two seconds then huffed, dropping her arms down in defeat before releasing a short giggle.

   'No, you're forgiven, Felix.' She answered, rolling her eyes but smiling wide nonetheless when Felix laughed and swept her into his arms once more and threw her into the air.

   'Eleanor the Merciful!' He declared loudly, picking her up and sending her flying into the air.

   'You sure know how to put on a show, Mr. Caverly.' An amused voice came from behind and Felix turned them around, his golden eyes holding a hint of surprise as they fell on the sky blue ones of the guy that was walking towards them, a smile adorning his face with Jupiter by his side.

   'Daisy!'

   Eleanor squealed, scrambling out of Felix's hold and made a run for him, his smile grew as he snatched her up into his arms.

   'How's our little princess doing?' He asked, making her giggle.

   'I'm great! Your hair is longer, Daisy.' She remarked, her little fingers playing with his longish brown hair before she turned to look at Felix.

   'Why didn't you tell me that Daisy was coming too?' She asked and he walked closer, giving the guy a look while doing so.

   'Because he wasn't.' He stopped right in front of them, the only thing separating them being Eleanor. 'Didn't I tell you to stay home, Damian? I said I wasn't going to take long.' He said and Damian rolled his eyes.