Chapter thirty nine: Working together

No ones POV:

5 weeks passed, Autumn leaves began to fall to the forest floors, slowly turning the season into winter. Levi's nerves grew as the beginning of a cold breeze broke through his nest, affecting the tight bundle of pelts his pups were safely laid in. Their noses turned the colour of a cherry and their breathes were wheezed.

Wolfe, however, enjoyed the wetness of winter for some strange reason. He didn't feel the cold, simply refused to wear any sort of warm cover to play outside and never caught the sniffles.

This also made preparing to visit Hannes with his family turned into a struggle, Hannes was still recovering from the injury he gained from Nile.

When Levi had finally made it to the medical hut he saw Eren was already there, holding one of Hannes's hands. His mate had a serious and unreadable expression on his face.

As soon as eren saw Levi he got up, said a quick goodbye to Hannes with a promise to visit again and shrugged past his family.

Balancing the twins in both of his arms along with Wolfe clinging to his legs, he grabbed erens arm and pulled him towards him instead of stampeding on.

"Talk to me." He demanded. The cool air making his skin bristle and added a harsh tone to his voice.

The alpha refused to reply. Levi called his name again in a snappy warning.

"He wants me to lead his pack..." eren whispered, surprising Levi with the fact that the alpha had replied in the first place.

"He wants... what?"

"He wants us to be pack leaders to his pack!H-he said he'd be too unfit to lead- something about not being strong enough to fight enemies... I don't know just go and visit him!" Eren snapped, turning his back whilst growling excessively realising copious amounts of aggressive scent, causing the twins to whine and Wolfe to shrink back into Levi's legs to hide from his father.

Hannes wouldn't speak a word about what he and eren had spoken of. Even though Levi already knew, he didn't understand why Hannes was so secretive about it...

He played board games with Wolfe on his bed until the boy grew tired and started to yawn, rubbing at his eyes.

The walk back to his home was filled with loud, abrasive thoughts which he swallowed down when Wolfe began to stumble into the floor, tripping over his little feet because he was so tired.

Levi went to bend down to help the youngster up when two strong hands wrapped around the boys waist and lifted him up into the air, up into the persons arms. The hand soothed the wolf pup into putting his head down onto his shoulder. Green eyes met grey and sighed. "We should get them home."

As soon as the pair went through the entrance of their home, the warmth of the built in fire met them. Eren must've lit it...

"We should talk about it." Levi started, placing the pups in their respective pelts and wrapping them up tightly. He moved onto Wolfe's clothes next, untying his fur scarf.

"I don't want to talk about it..." eren pouted, deciding to sit on their shared bed instead of getting his clothes off and enjoying the fire.

"Eren." Levi spoke calmly, going over to kneel in front of his mate, tugging his clothes off like a child, along with the pouting, Levi almost convinced himself his mate was a child.

"I am a pack leader as much as you are. We need to discuss this matter together." He finished with a harsh tug on erens shoulder as he yanked the fur off of his back, sassily folding the piece of clothing and 'accidentally' flicking his alphas face with it.

Eren sighed, shrugging a hand through his hair. "You're right. I just- I don't know what to think..."

Levi carded a hand through his mates hair, pressing a small kiss to the crown of his head.

A smaller hand entwined with his in the forest of brunette hair. Wolfe had managed to jump up onto the bed of pelts and had started nuzzling his face into his fathers neck, trying to comfort him.

"Daddy." He whined into erens neck. A strong pair of arms wrapped around the pups waist and pulled him into his lap. Levi smiled at them, sitting next to eren, stroking Wolfe's hair, keeping a close eye on the twins as well.

"Will you accept the proposition?" Levi asked, kissing the side of erens temple in apology because of ruining the calm mood with his words.

"I- I'm not sure. If I do accept, where will Niles pack go?"

Ah, Levi hadn't thought of that fact.

Niles pack was without an alpha after Nile was restrained after the fight. He'd been in the holding tent for further questioning before being given his punishment by the pack leader. Which would most likely be death, giving how he had the intent to murder the alphas newly born pups in his mind showing he was a danger to the packs.

"Then we will help them too..." Levi propositioned to his mate, waiting for his reaction. "We'll give them the choice to join our two packs, become a rouge or join another pack... maybe my sisters?"

Eren smiled, knowing why he'd fallen for the omega. He was a clever one.

"Let's do that then."