Chapter 26

Maisie

Tomorrow is Lucifer's birthday and the day after tomorrow is my due date. I'm so excited plus nervous plus scared for the delivery.

Anyways, now I'm inside our kitchen baking a delicious cake for my husband. Since Lucifer forbid me from any kind of work, I decided not to tell him.

After my beautiful birthday, I want to do something special for him too. But he's protective side is coming on my way.

'He doesn't have to know. Plus Amy is here'

Amy too wasn't allowing me at first but soon I convinced her. She's watching my every move making sure I won't hurt myself.

"I'm not a child Amy" I giggled.
"But you are carrying one"
"Don't worry. I won't hurt her or myself"

Then we resumes doing our work. We talked about stuffs - mainly focusing on baby. Soon the cake was prepared. I decorated it and put it inside the freezer to set.

It was nearly time for Lucifer's return, so I quickly got out of the kitchen and straight went inside our bedroom to change out of my messy cloths.

When I got back in the living room, I saw Lucifer entering while talking on the phone. He got near me and I welcomed him with a warm kiss.

He was about to go inside our bedroom, when I felt something wet down my legs. I looked down and gasped.

"Lucifer" I whispered nervously.
"Yes?" He said still facing his back to me.
"My water broke"

----------------------------

13 hours of labour was a torture. It was like a never ending labour. The contractions were killing me. I was breathing hard, crying, screaming trying to push hard.

And finally, the moment came. With a final push, I heard the first cry of my baby. I closed my eyes and thanked the god million times when the doctor announced that the baby was perfect.

I tried to get up but couldn't because I lost every drop of energy present on my muscles. Lucifer helper me to sit up and I leaned on him as he wrapped his arms around me.

He kissed me on head and whispered "you did great". I smiled at him. Then the doctor returned with my baby girl wrapped around a light pink towel.

A small gasp escaped me when I saw her. Forgetting how exhausted I was, I stretched my arms for her. The doctor placed her on my arms. She seemed so delicate, so fragile.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I watched our baby opening her eyes. I cooed her and caress her delicate skin.

"She's our baby. Look she's so beautiful" I whispered. I looked at my side when I felt Lucifer kissing my forehead.

He was crying. His eyes were red and glossy as few drops escaped his eyes. He didn't stopped them or hide them because they showed how happy he was.

"Happy birthday" I said handing him our baby. He smiled and took her.
"This is the best birthday ever" he said, kissing me.

Suddenly the door opened and others rushed in. Amy, Bella, Anna, Sebastian and Ethan quickly rushed to my side. They took our baby one by one, cooing her and watching her with eyes filled with adoration.

When Bella hold her on her arms, Sebastian came to her by behind and whispered, "I want three of them" into her ears. This left all of us laughing with a blushing Bella.

"What's her name?"  Ethan asked.
"Taysa" I said.
"Taysa knight" Lucifer whispered while kissing my forehead.
"Aww. Welcome to the family Taysa" Bella cooed.

After they left, I fed Taysa. Once she fell asleep, I too close my eyes and dozed off. When next time I opened them, I saw Lucifer with Taysa on his hands.

I smiled looking at him still feeling exhausted. My muscles were screaming. I sighed and tried to relax them.

Lucifer came to me after placing her back in her crib.
"Are you okay, love?"
"Hmmm. Just tired"
"Sleep. You need rest"
"What about you?"
"I'll be by your side whole night. Don't worry" he said and kissed me.
I thanked him with my eyes and again fall asleep.

True to his words, Lucifer never left my side.