Chapter 30

Maisie

I woke in midnight hearing Taysa's soft cries on the baby monitor. I got up and rubbed my eyes. When I searched for Lucifer, he wasn't there.

I slowly made my way towards our Sunshine's room. There I saw a shirtless Lucifer, with sexy bed hair, slowly rocking a crying Taysa.

My heart swelled at the scene but my baby's cries were making me worried.

"Maybe she is hungry" I said in a hoarse voice, clearly feeling sleepy.
"No she isn't. I tried to feed her from the bottle but she is not drinking a bit"
"Maybe her d-"
"I already changed it. She isn't stopping"
"Let me hold her" I said worriedly while taking her from Lucifer's hands.

She eagerly came to me and started crying again on my shoulder. I cooed her, slowly rubbing her back and rocking her slightly but she kept crying.

"We should take her to our room" Lucifer suggested. I nodded immediately and return back to our room.

I paced around, trying to make her stop crying but she didn't stopped. Hearing her cries made my heart break.

"Shhh baby, mamma's here. Shhh..shh" I repeated this again and again and wrapped her around her baby towel and went outside to the balcony.

Outside air was chilly but it was fresh. I took deep breath trying to push away my tiredness. When I felt Taysa slowing down to soft whimpers, I start humming a soft song.

Soon her whimpering also stopped and she fell asleep. I sighed in relief and kissed her. I was worried in the thought of keeping her in her room again. What if she starts crying again?

I turned around and found Lucifer placing a movable plastic crib near my side of bed. I smiled thankfully at him. He walked towards me and lightly kissed Taysa before kissing my forehead.

"Let me place her. You are tired. Go and sleep, love" he whispered lowly, careful to not wake Taysa up again.

I nodded my head and carefully handed her. While he placed her, I went to washroom and did my business.

When I returned, Lucifer was already on his side waiting for me. I smiled and joined him. It didn't took much time for me to fall asleep.

Next morning we woke up late. All three of us. I was first to open my eyes. I looked in my both direction and saw father and daughter sleeping soundly. I kissed both of them lightly and picked Taysa from her crib to place her beside Lucifer.

Both were sleeping like rocks, so there was no chance of waking up of either one of them. I quickly went to washroom and freshen up.

When I came back, I saw both of them in there same position. I smiled and got dressed quickly. While I was combing my hair, I saw Taysa stirring and soon the angel opened her eyes. She looked at her surrounding and then looked at her father.

That little bundle of power, became excited again, completely unaware of her tantrum last night. She started slapping Lucifer on his mouth with her small baby hands, in attempt to wake him up. I laughed looking at both of them in adoration.

Soon enough Lucifer woke up and playfully tickled her, earning her music like giggles.

After Lucifer went into the bathroom, I picked Taysa and brought her to her room. I dressed her in fresh clothes after giving her a nice warm bath. After a good fun bath, she was again as excited as a small squirrel.

We went downstairs and had our breakfast, while Taysa drank her milk. Amy asked about yesterday's party and I filled her with every little information.

Soon Lucifer left for the office after giving us both a kiss. I was walking with Taysa in our garden, when my phone rang. It was Anna.

"Hey girl" she cheerfully said.
"Hi. How are you?"
"As fresh as the sun. How about you?"
"Good"
"So I was thinking we should go to shopping today"
"You have energy left after yesterday's party?"
"Hell yeah girl. Go and get ready. I'll be there in few minutes"
"What? Wait. Let me ask Lucifer first"
"Oh okay then. Call me afterwards. And I don't wanna hear a no" she cut the call.

I dialed Lucifer's number and he picked instantly.
"I'm missing you" he sighed.
"But you just left few hours ago" I giggled at him.
"So what? Don't I have the right to miss my wife and sunshine?"
"Of course you have the right" I rolled my eyes, laughing lightly.
"What is sunshine doing?"
"She's busy in her own world. She's playing" I smiled looking at our daughter. Then I remember the real reason behind the call, "Lucifer?"
"Hmm?"
"Anna called. She wanted me to come with her to shopping. Can I go?"
"You know my answer, love"
"But Lucifer, I won't be gone for too long"
"Even god knows how much time you women spend on shopping"
"But please. Can I go? I want to go please" I whined.
"What about Taysa?"
"Of course I'll take her with me"
"Fine. You can go. But there will be at least 15 guards with you"

I gasped and said "Are you kidding me? Its not like we are going to die today"
Then I realized what have I said. I mentally face palmed myself. I remained quiet as I heard Lucifer's heavy breathing. I bit my lips in nervousness.

"Maisie. Its not funny" his serious voice came, sending a shiver to my spine.
"I....I'm sor- sorry"
He remained quiet for another minute.
"Let me get you wife. Things I'm gonna do to you.." His voice came all serious again but I found it extremely sexy.

I cleared my throat, asking him in a low voice, "So.... So can I go?"
"Yes. But with 15 bodyguards"
"5"
"12"
"6"
"10"
"Lucifer!!!" I whined again.
"Fine. Take 8. But its final. No more no less"
"Ok. Deal. I love you" I said cheerfully.
"I love you more"

After hanging up with Lucifer, I informed Anna with a text. She replied coming in few minutes, so I hurriedly changed into a black dress with knee length boots. I put on a cardigan and a beanie cap. It was comfortable for today's weather.

I changed Taysa into warm clothes, careful not to catch a cold

Soon Anna arrived and we all, along with the 8 guards, drove off to the mall.