6. Genaral Skills

Start from the beginning

"Beautiful isn't it." Rylan stood next to me. I hadn't even heard him walk over. I glanced at him and then back at the gorgeous view, slowly nodding my head in agreement. It truly was beautiful.

"How did you become one of Adrenous' generals?" I didn't quite know why I asked but I was suddenly interested.

Rylan looked taken aback by the question as memories seemed to fill his eyes at the thought. "Me and the other three grew up with Adrenous. We're the only ones he truly trusts with his life. Not just because we grew up with him but we each have great abilities."

"Like what?"

"Well Arif is quite fast and strong whether he's in wolf form of human form and I don't just mean like Wolven strong, he's stronger than anything you might have seen before. Titan is our best fighter and trains the newbies who want to learn, he has excellent vision and can calculate an opponent's next move before they even know what it is. Hunter is our best tracker, he can close his eyes and tell you every single creature in a miles radius."

I felt my eyes widen as he explained. I had no idea the kind of abilities that the Wolvens could behold. I don't think anyone did.

"And you?" A smile erupted on his face, I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What?"

"I'll show you, but I need you to trust me." He said as he offered me his hand for reassurance.

I looked up at him warily. I wasn't sure what he was going to do but it made me really curious. I hesitantly gave him my hand as he pulled me closer to him, closing his eyes.

"Close your eyes." He whispered.

I did as he said, shutting my eyes tightly. My head started to ache as my mind felt another presence. I could feel Rylan picking at my memories and inner most thoughts.

I began to panic, pulling away from him.

His grip on my arm was tight, I couldn't move away, his hold on me unwavering. I felt a sensation wash over me as I tried to force Rylan out of my mind.

He instantly let go, bringing both his hands to the side of his head and groaning in pain as he fell to his knees.

"What was that?" I accused, he looked up at me with his own baffled expression.

"I was just-" He groaned. His hands were still cradling his head as he tried to stand up. "How did you do that?"

"Do what? Your the one who was invading my privacy." I snapped.

"No," He was finally able to stand up again, looking at me in astonishment. "I was trying to help you." He whispered.

Help me?

My anger subsided. "How?"

Rylan scrunched his face as he thought for a moment. He didn't answer my question when he finally spoke, "You pushed me out and attacked my mind. No one has ever been able to do that before?" His green eyes were filled with the same confusion that was reflected within my own.

"What do you mean?"

"Erm I'm not exactly sure..." he spoke whilst rubbing his head.

The door suddenly opened. I turned my attention from Rylan to see Adrenous entering the room.

His top half was naked showing of his bulging biceps and muscles, constantly shifting as he walked. My breath hitched as I stared at his heavily, muscled body. His eyes looked angry but instantly softened when they found my own.

He looked as if he was holding himself back from speaking as he eased his way further into the room.

Rylan instantly bowed his head. I didn't know if I was meant to but I hesitantly copied Rylan's action.