Prologue

A flame-colored tom padded through a wall of ferns, emerging into a clearing. Moonlight sparkled off of his orange pelt. The underbrush then rustled; three more cats appeared; gray, ginger and a she-cat with a shaggy ashen pelt. They sat in a circle. The ginger tom was the first to speak. "I have called you here today because I have seen the struggle to come for our Clans."

The other cats eyes' widened. "What do you mean?" The ginger she-cat asked. The orange tom rose to his paws.

"The Clans will face another test of faith, courage and endurance. A storm is coming; one that could threaten their survival."

The gray tom lashed his tail in fear. "It-it can't be worse than the Dark Forest Seige, can it?" he hissed.

There was a growl, and the shaggy old she-cat whacked him over the head with her tail. "Fool! You know never to mention that name!"

The ginger tom gave a mrrrow of amusement. "No need to be so harsh, Yellowfang."

Yellowfang glared at the toms. "Firestar, you know even thinking about...you know what brings bad luck!" She growled when the gray tom stifled a laugh.

Meanwhile, the ginger she-cat waited impatiently. "So, what will happen?" She pawed the ground anxiously, her green eyes wide.

Firestar laid his tail across her back. "No need to worry, Sandstorm, we shall send a sign. I already know who to give it to."

Sandstorm snorted. "If you're sure....shouldn't we try to stop it? The storm I mean?"

Firestar shook his head. "There is nothing that we can do but send warnings-- remember, we aren't alive anymore."

The gray tom lifted his tail. "May I ask, Firestar, but who will you send it to? A medicine cat? Perhaps a leader? I recommend ThunderClan"

Firestar gave a hint of a smile. "Graystripe, I think that it's time for new heroes to rise...I will send the sign to Willowkit,"

The other cats' jaws dropped open in shock. Yellowfang began to bristle. "Firestar, you're making a mistake! To a kit? Send it to a medicine cat, but Willowkit cannot even catch her own prey!" She stood to walk away, but Firestar called after her.

"Wait,"

Yellowfang turned, glaring. "I will send it to her as an apprentice, maybe as a young warrior. Do not fear, she will do well..." He said cryptically. Sandstorm looked at him through narrowed eyes.

Graystripe, his usual humor gone, flattened his ears. "How do you know this?" He asked.

Sandstorm spoke up. "Firestar, you are putting the fate of the Clans in this kit's paws. I hope you know what you're doing."

A gleam appeared in Firestar's eyes. "I would hope you of all cats could realize this, Sandstorm. Willowkit is our kin"

A/N sorry that this isn't written well. I did this a long, long time ago. Trust me, it gets better than these bland sentences. Bear with me here! 😸