“I see that you were doing homework,” he says and I sigh.

I support my head on his chest and he takes my hand to play with my fingers. His rough hands are much larger that the mine.

“Why don’t we do the homework and then watch a movie?” He suggests and I smile.

“Perfect.” I accept his suggestion.

We finished the homework about 8:30 p.m. I tell Niall to look for a movie on my laptop while I go to the kitchen for something to eat. I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and while these are cooking I look for something sweet, since I know that Niall prefers sweet than salty treats. Cut brownies into small squares and put them on a plate, I take out a couple of sodas from the fridge and look for a bag of chips in the cupboard.

I put the popcorn in a bowl and I eat some while I get out a little of the cheese dip. I turn on my heels to take upstairs the things, although I'll probably have to give two trips since I cannot take this in one trip.

But when I turn I bump into Audrey standing opposite from me. She has red eyes, as if she had been crying; her hair is unkempt as her uniform and she’s glaring at me. She looked at me as if I had ruined her life plan or had crushed her dreams.

“Hi Audrey,” I tried to smile but couldn’t act as if nothing was happening when I just saw her positive pregnancy tests.

“Alex…” she says with disdain but closes her mouth when Niall enters the kitchen.

“Hey Audrey,” he says with not even the less interest in my sister, the girl with gray bloodshot eyes. “You were taking too much time. I came to help you. Let's go.”

He can take more things than I do, so I just take sodas and brownies. Smile slightly to my sister before leaving the kitchen and following Niall to my room.

Niall didn’t bother too much to choose the film. He press play at the first movie in the romance category. And the truth is that I believe that destiny is playing me tricks.

The film passing in front my eyes is about a teenage mother and all the problems and difficulties she confronted because of being pregnant at such an early age. The film show as she went from hating her baby, and even think of getting rid of him, to love him so much to the point she couldn’t live without him.

Niall is too busy eating and playing with my hair to notice the similarities with Audrey. I, on the other hand, kept thinking the fact that Audrey would probably not go to University or would finish high school, as she would have to work double shifts and as her life in general would take a 180 degree turn.

“Stop eating on my hair, you are filling it with crumbs,” I complain roughly and Niall looks at me confused.

“What did you change mood so fast? Wasn’t the film good?”

“It wasn't what I expected.” I murmur and I put all my hair over my left shoulder.

“Oh, I’m sorry. We can see another if you want to, beautiful,” he licks his lips to remove any remaining food.

“No, it’s okay. Can we just sleep? I'm tired.” I lie.

I'm not tired, but I know that sleep will help me to clear my mind and forget for a few moments everything that happened today. Niall makes me get warm pajamas and socks while he only goes to bed with his boxers. Niall puts my laptop on the desk while I settle the bed so we can lie down. I get under the sheets and hug my legs making myself a ball. Niall lies next to me and hugs me from behind. He gives me a kiss on the hair as saying: “good night”; and then I close my eyes and try to sleep.