Chapter One : Lily

Vampires and their talents

We sat motionless on the cliff , overlooking the dense fir trees , feet dangling off the precipice . From a humans 's perspective we would be a perfect white marble couple , as long as they don't venture too close at that . The place was cold ,extremely cold to be outside , tiny water droplets had already started the process of solidifying , the leaves had already started curling into themselves , But , currently speaking, climate or weather had little effect on me , as do many other things that used to when I was  human. I could only feel a light chill , like what mortals feel when they open the refrigerator and close it in a second. Currently speaking , refers to the time when I was alive , or as my dear mate , my protégé says , When I was vulnerable. I am a vampire, and that's the truth . I didn't believe it at first , you don't , but trust me I am , Vampires , werewolf , fairies , all forms of hocus pocos as one might say , are very real , Vampires being the dominant monsters . I am a weary , unhappy , vampire , who is being hunted , and that makes me feel even more unhappy with my life. The scenery below me is unbelievably beautiful, but it affects me , no more than my mate's love . I did not care for it yet I cannot say I am accustomed to it . Many feet below us , tree covered slopes were parted by a long , wide fresh-water stream forming Interlocking Spurs. The water looks turbulent and frothy as it continued its rocky journey to sea .Looking even more closely in I could see the salmons making their way too , disrupting the water , Splashing and making a fuss as they let the current carry them down stream . I could see the light dew as it fell among the tall , silent trees , like a mystical hue . Very few game are active right now seeing that it was so early . The nocturnal creatures were slinking away into their habits while the others , the day walkers , were now emerging . There is a herd of deer at the south end of the stream . The beautiful doe and buck , lapping up the dark water gracefully , rodents crawling around hastily. I think of their caramel coats , freckled with big,  white spots and think of a new pair of boots . I look over at my mate , Hovèirē  , his bright ruby eyes darted back and forth , watching every motion of the peaceful creatures , he was not thinking of boots . " You are hungry , " I stated touching his winter , cold face . He smiled at me , catching my dainty hand and raising it to his blood red lips . He brushed them across the frosty marble plains of my wrist . "  Indeed , My love , " he whispered so quietly as if sharing a secret . Even I , his consort , do not fail to marvel at his unique magnificence . He was not a very tall man but of quite average height , compact . His hair was the exact color of the lightest shade of wool or can you imagine the dirty, last layers of snow  ? Hovèirē's hair was the exact wooly color , there is really no color to describe it from a vampire's point of view except it was simply unique. A human may pass it off as a dirty flaxen or grey , but there is something that I can't explain , something that makes it both and neither , white and grey . His eyes were beautiful and expressive and thoughtful , and the deepest shade of crimson, With a slight glint , which is pretty uncommon , even amongst vampires . My eyes are a dull sparkle next to his . His natural eye color were steely grey with flecks of silver , Vampires eyes turns a unnatural color when angry . His lips were apple red and his face hard and cold . It was well shaped and he seemed younger and fresher than I , a Prim-rose . What is a prim- rose? Simple . Me , A newborn , A vampire who had not lived five years into their new found eternity as yet . Vampires age are counted after the blood transfusion with a their creator . Hovèirē's skin color was a dusky pale color . Tanner than our natural sickly , icy pale that was due to our lack of absorption of sunlight . His accent was complicated even more than his hair color , he had a slight German accent , towed by a Texas  drawl but mostly British . One with normal hearing would identify it as British or Australian but with those with sensitive hearing it was unlike any sound you 've  never heard before . He was not defined as just beautifully designed , he was Hovèirē , in the simplest ways and in the most exotic of them all . But , yet , I never loved him . And he knew it . But he wouldn't care if not , for he was a king of amongst vampires , spoiled by power until he must have whatever pleases him . ....until came Stefan . Now called Major , for He led a rebellion army against us 15 , The Vesperers , as we call our little party of blood drinkers .