The wreckage

"Kelly's in there isn't he?" Nikki asked as soon as Kidd opened the door to Casey Truck.
"He is." Kidd Said, giving the girl a sympathetic smile as tears began to roll down her cheeks. "He was a fighter before he knew you, now he's gonna fight even harder." Kidd Said, placing her arm around Nikkis shoulders, she guided her out of the car.
Seeing a shaky Nikki appear from the car Boden asked for an update.
"We've found him Chief, he's trapped under a beam from the ceiling but he's awake." Cases y voice came through the radio, Kidd sent a grateful nod to the chief as Nikki brightened up a little.
"See, he's gonna be okay." Kidd Said. "How did you end up in Caseys Truck Anyway?"
"We spoke earlier and I guess he figured out I was close to breaking so when I left earlier he went to one of the places Kelly always goes when he's sad and found me there." Nikki explained with as little detail as possible. "The funny part is that Kelly had never mentioned that place to me."
"Chief, we're coming out." Caseys voice came through the radio again. Nikki let out a breath she didn't realise she had been holding when she saw Kelly walk, well maybe it was more of a stumble, out of the wreckage.
"Hey." Kelly Said as Nikki ran away from Kidd towards him and gently enveloped him in a hug as she didn't know the extent of his injuries.
"Hey." Nikki Replied, feeling comforted as he wrapped his arms around her.
"What are you doing here?" Kelly asked.
"I was with Casey." Nikki said, when Kelly looked at her confused she added, "I'll explain later, you need to get checked over."
"Come on then." He Said, breaking the hug but leaving one arm draped over her shoulder so they could slowly make their way over to Brett and Dawson.

"Doc says I'm good to go, just gotta take it easy for a couple days." Kelly explained to his daughter and sister who had been called by Nikki.
"You want me to stay at yours?" Katie offered.
"I'm sure we'll be fine." Kelly Said with a smile.
"At least let me come over tonight and make dinner." Katie bargained.
"Sure." Kelly agreed.

Authors note: sorry this chapter is so super short, I have a new story coming out tonight and I wanted to close this one off.