I promise youre going nowhere

Authors note: Stellaride isn't a thing (yet if you want).
"Hey Brett, Dawson, can I talk to you?" Casey called, he had just left Severide after he decided that he wanted to be a dad to Nikki. "So," he started, shutting the conference room door behind him. "Hollies dad, he wants to be a part of her life."
"Seriously?" Brett said, her eyes lighting up.
"Is he a good guy?" Dawson asked, still sceptical over how he'd found him so fast.
"One of the best." Casey assured.
"What's his name?" Gabby Asked.
"Um.." Casey hesitated. "He's a friend of mine, blue eyed Lieutenant that's a bit of a player. I remembered him telling me about a woman called Kate like 15 years ago."
"Wait is it?" Brett said, her eyebrows shooting up in surprise.
"Severide?" Dawson said, an amused smile creeping across her face.
"Yeah.." Casey said with a nervous smile.
"I'm gonna go tell Nikki." Gabby said heading for the door.
"Yeah Severides in Chiefs office letting him know." Casey said with a nod.

"Severide, what can I do for you?" Boden asked as Severide walked in and sat opposite him.
"I don't know how to say this.." Severide started.
"Nikkis your daughter?" Boden cut him off with a smug smile. "I'm surprised I'm the only one that figured it out."
"Casey did as well." Severide Said with a nervous smile. "I'm thinking about trying to get full custody."
"You have my full support." Boden said standing up and shaking the younger mans hand.
"Thanks Chief." Severide Said walking out of the office and spotting Dawson as she headed to talk to Nikki, the pair shared a smile.
"Hey kid." Gabby said sitting on the desk. "We've found your dad."
"Really!" She exclaimed happily as Severide leant on the doorframe, watching with a smile. "Is it that Kelly guy?"
"Yeah, how'd you know?" Gabby said glancing over her shoulder with a smile.
"I just had a feeling." Nikki said with a shrug.
"You So got those instincts from him." Gabby joked gesturing for Kelly to come over. "Nikki this is Kelly Severide, Kelly this is Nikki." She introduced.
"Hey kid." Kelly Said slightly awkwardly.
"You knew didn't you? When you told me about your sister." Nikki asked.
"Yeah, Matt had just told me." Kelly Said sitting on the desk.
"Matts, Gabbys Husband right?" Nikki asked.
"Already learning the relationships around here." Severide Said with a grin.
"Yep." She answered. They fell into a silence for a few minutes before she spoke up again, "How's this gonna work? Will I just come live with you or does it have to go to court?"
"We'll go to the CPS office tomorrow and it'll probably go to court unless your mom just signs custody to me. If it does go to court we should win straight away because Matt mentioned you'd had a rough past and Gabby had been there for most of it?" Severide explained, as he reached the end her eyes teared upend she nodded. "Come here." He said wrapping his arms around her, "Look there's no chance your going home if you don't want to." He Said pulling her back by her shoulders and looking into her eyes before embracing her again and running a hand through her hair. "I'm here if you wanna talk about anything at any time."
"Thank you." Nikki said, her voice muffled by his shirt.
"Of course, you're flesh and blood." Severide comforted. "How about we go and see what they're cooking for dinner." He said pulling away, wrapping one arm around her and leading the way to the common room.

"You good with pizza?" Kelly Asked as he spotted the takeaway boxes on the counter.
"Who isn't?" She joked as she took a plate from him.
"Lieutenant! Who's the kid?" Capp Called, saying what everyone else was thinking.
"This is my daughter Nikki." Severide declare proudly placing his large hands on her petite shoulders.
"Did I fall asleep for sixteen years?" Cruz joked. "I didn't know you had a kid."
"Fourteen years actually, plus we only found out today." Kelly answered, Watching Nikki as she moved to take a seat with Brett and Dawson.
"What's your name kid?" Herrmann asked.
"Nikki." She answered taking a bite of her pizza and allowing herself to be dragged into the conversation.

"You tired kid?" Severide asked as he caught Nikki yawn multiple times in a few minutes.
"Yeah." She admitted, standing up.
"Come on, let me show you where your going." Severide Said getting up and leading her into the bunk room. "You take my bed." He Said opening his office door for her.
"You sure? I'll be fine out there?" She Said gesturing into the bunk room.
"Trust me when I say it takes a few months to get used to it and I've slept in there so many times." Severide said pulling the blinds down. "If you need anything, come get me and if you hear the alarm try and go back to sleep." He said placing a kiss on her head. "Night kid."
"Night." She Said with a tired smile as he shut the door.

Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61...
Nikki jolted from her nightmare at the sound of the alarm, "calm down." She muttered to herself. "It's alright, just a dream, you're with Kelly remember." She told herself. Glancing at the clock and realising it was only 2am she rolled over and went back to sleep.
"I'm sorry Nikki, we had to call CPS.." Gabby told her as a few figures entered the firehouse followed by Chris and Kate.
"No!" Nikki said crying, "you said you wouldn't."
"Hey darling." Chris said with a smile. "We've got to go pick Tyler up." He said leading her out. "Why did you run away you bitch? What did that achieve?" He Said shoving her into the back of the car by her hair. "You're gonna pay for that." He muttered as he slammed the door.

"I knew you weren't my daughter, no daughter of mine would ever be that stupid. Thinking they could get away from me." Chris scoffed as he placed another kick into her chest and broke a few more ribs. "You're staying in here, think about what you did." He said standing on her left hand in his way out, an audible crunch coming from the bones.

Nikki jumped awake at the sound of footsteps, they're back, she thought hopping out of bed and going to find Kelly. As she found him at the coffee machine she ran to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders from behind him.
"Morning kid." He Said spinning around and looking the teen in the eyes. "What's up?" He Said as he noticed her eyes filling with tears and the stains down her cheeks. When she didn't answer he led her back to his office and they sat down on the bed, "bad dream?" He asked, she nodded. "What happened?" He said sitting on the bed next to her.
"You weren't here.." She stuttered, "I had to go back to live with them. Chris, he.. kicked me and broke my hand and locked me in the basement." She Said, her frame shaking with tears as he pulled her closer.
"I'm here and I promise you're going nowhere other than with me." Severide assured placing his head onto hers.

Authors note: feel free to suggest where I should go with this story?