You really want to be a Severide?

"How can I help you?" The receptionist at the CPS offices asked.
"I was hoping to speak to someone about the custody of Nicole Williamson." Kelly said, glancing over to her with a warm smile.
"Okay, take a seat over there for me." She said typing. "Someone will see you in room 12." She told him a few minutes later.
"Thank you." Kelly Said with a smile.
"Hi I'm, Lacy Peters." The woman behind the desk in room 12 was about in her late 30s.
"Kelly Severide and this is my daughter Nicole Williamson." Severide introduced, taking a seat.
"What can we do for you?" Lacy asked.
"I want to have Nikkis custody transferred to me." Kelly Said.
"May I ask why?" Lacy said reaching for a pen.
"She doesn't get along with her stepdad." Kelly Said, glancing at Nikki. "I would've been here earlier but we only met the other day, her mom didn't tell me I had a daughter."
"Where are you currently living?" Lacy asked Nikki.
"Um.. on the streets." Nikki answered.
"Okay.." Lacy started. "There's not too much I can do other than give you this form," She said handing a piece of paper to Kelly. "And say that if you bring this back to me with her moms signature on then I can grant you full custody."
"Okay." Severide Said reading it over. "Do you have a pen I can borrow?" He Said, taking the pen from Lacy.
"What are you doing?" Nikki said looking over his shoulder.
"Signing my half." Kelly answered.
"Does this mean I take his name?" Nikki asked, quietly.
"I can get you another form to do that afterwards." Lacy said, Kelly spinning round to look at her.
"If that's what you want, that's what we'll do." He Said, with a smile of pure joy.
"Bring that form back to me and I'll do everything that's needed." Lacy said as they left.
"Thank you." They both Said.
"How about I drop you off at Gabby and Matts and I'll go talk to your mom." Severide Said as they got in the car.
"Okay." Nikki said getting in. The journey started in silence before she spoke again, "Kelly, what happens if she refuses to sign it?"
"We'll cross that bridge if we get to it." He said reaching over and squeezing her knee. "You really want to be a Severide?" He Said, changing the subject to something lighter and happier.
"Definitely." Nikki said with a smile.

"Kelly.." Kate said opening the door. "What are you doing here?" She Said in shock.
"It's about my daughter, can I come in?" Severide Said, ignoring the look on her face.
"Of course." Kate said, stepping aside to let him in. "So you've met Nikki?"
"Yeah, a few friends of mine have took her to the hospital before." He said bluntly, pulling the form from his pocket.
"What's that?" Kate asked looking at it.
"It gives me full custody of Nikki, all I need is your signature and someone who knows I'm trustworthy and you're not." Severide Said giving her the pen.
"I'm not giving you custody of my daughter?!?" She exclaimed.
"How bout this, if you can answer one question for me I'll leave you alone?" Kelly offered.
"Sure." She Said smugly.
"Where is Nikki right now?" Severide Said smugly.
"Um.. I haven't seen her in weeks." Kate said, knowing she had no chance.
"Exactly." Severide said pushing the form towards her.
"Alright I'll sign it." She Said, admitting defeat.

"That was fast Mr Severide." Lacy said, when he returned to her office alone.
"Yeah, I want to get this done as soon as I possibly can." Kelly Said sitting down and passing her the form.
"Does she still want her name changing?" Lacy said as she gathered a few more forms.
"Yeah." Kelly answered.
"Alright, I need you to sign this now," She said handing him one sheet. "And this one as well. Then these need filling out ASAP." She said handing him a few more.
"Is that it?" Kelly Said after he had signed the first two and Lacy had signed them both.
"Yep, let me just get your copies." She said standing up and photocopying them. "So that puts Nikki in your custody until you have filled those out." She said handing one back to him whilst the other prints. "And this changes her name to Nicole Severide." She said handing the other.
"Thank you so much." He Said looking at the time, 1pm. "I best get going but I will have these back as soon as I can." He Said getting up and driving to Matts.

"So? How did it go?" Gabby Asked as he stood infront of them sat around the Caseys living room.
"It's official, Nicole Severide." Kelly Said with a smirk as Nikkis face lit up.
"Seriously!" She exclaimed, getting up, running to his side and hugging him.
"It's only temporary until I get a few forms sorted out but that shouldn't take too long." Kelly Said, pressing his lips onto her head after he spoke.
"If there's anything we can do to help." Matt said with a smile.
"I've seen how small your bag is." Gabby started, "we need to go shopping." She said glancing at Severide who nodded. "Come on then." She said grabbing her keys as they both headed for the door.
"I'm gonna ring my sister, see if she wants to meet up tonight." Severide Called after them as he pulled her contact up.
"Hey Kel, what's up?" Katie answered
"I've got something to tell you, fancy meeting up for a coffee?"
"I can be down by the pier in half an hour?"
"Sounds like a plan." Kelly Said with a smile. "Love you sis."
"Love you too Kelly." Katie said as she hung up.
"I thought you said you were gonna take Nikki?" Matt asked.
"I thought I best tell her first." Kelly Said, nervously biting his lip.
"She'll love her." Casey assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder as he walked past.
"I best get going." Severide Said as he left.
"Bye." Casey called after him.