When he opened it he just sat blankly looking at the screen. He read and read it multiple times to assure himself that he is reading correctly.

" Sid, what's in it?" Karthik asked cautiously looking at his friend's emotionless face.

" She left." Sid said still looking at the screen.

" What do you mean?" Karthik stood and walked to him.

" She resigned the job." Sid said looking at him clenching his jaw.

" What? How can she do that?" Karthik asked shocked.

Siddharth sat there glaring at her email anger bubbling inside him. Karthik sat there quietly looking at him. Sid took the phone and dialed a number.

" Ms. Shweta send Mr. Raj and Ms. Neha to my cabin. Now." He ordered and slammed the phone down.

" Sid relax." Karthik tried to console him.

" How can I relax damm it?" Sid yelled making Karthik flinch.

Neha and Raj who were at his door winced at his angry voice. They looked at each other and knocked on the door reluctantly.

" Come in." Sid yelled.

They both came inside gulping in fear.

" Where is she?" Sid gritted his teeth looking at them.

" Who Sir?" Raj asked and Sid snapped his head towards him angrily.

" Sh...she is at home Sir." Neha stuttered.

" What is this?" Sid asked turning his laptop towards them.

They looked at each other and moved towards the laptop to see what's in it.
They squinted their eyes and read the mail. Sid and Karthik looked at them when they finished reading.

They both stood stunned and tears started to flow from Neha's eyes. They both looked at each other shocked unable to believe what they read.

" Why did she resigned?" Sid asked clenching his jaw.

" We don't know Sir." Raj said looking at him honestly.

" We thought she would come back to office after taking a break but we didn't know that she would resign." Neha cried.

" So you guys seriously don't know why she resigned?" Karthik asked them.

" Yeah we don't know nothing about it." Raj said consoling Neha.

Sid stood up angrily taking his coat and keys.

" Sid where are you going?" Karthik asked holding his arm.

" To her house." Sid said and walked towards the door quickly.

" Why?" Karthik asked following him.

" I can't wait anymore. I want answers." Sid said leaving them behind.

Karthik ran fastly behind him to go with him and Raj and Neha also quickly followed them.

******

Everyone were silent on their way to Anu's house with an unknown fear in their hearts. Sid got down from the car followed by Karthik. Neha and Raj also go down from their car and looked at Sid who is glaring at the gate.

House was pitch dark and gate was locked. That unknown fear came true.
Sid gripped the lock tightly in his hands with anger and pain.

She left.

She left the job.

She left her house.

She left the city.