Jaune X Ruby- Jaune Gets a Date

Jaune’s POV

‘Okay, today’s the day. The first week of the second semester is over, and I’m sure that all Ruby wants to do now is have some fun. Okay…’

But really, everything was not okay. At all. I was freaking out, and I was feeling a lot less brave than usual. All I could do was keep running my hands through my hair, messing it up even more. I stopped and leaned against the wall, trying to calm down.

“Are you okay, Jaune?” Suddenly Ruby was standing infront of me, and my eyes went wide. How had I not noticed her? But there she was, standing there with an adorable confused look on her face, her head tilted to the side. I shook my head, offering a very fake smile.

“Oh, I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” ‘You know, maybe I’ll just ask her out next weekend...’ I started to walk away, but in an instant, Ruby’s hand was wrapped around my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. I froze completely, watching as she let go and walked around to stand infront of me once again. Her arms were crossed and she had a concerned look in her grey eyes.

“Seriously Jaune, what’s going on?” She asked. I sighed, and tried to summon some courage. It wasn’t enough.

“Nothing’s wrong, I just…” I trailed off. Oh my gosh, how was I going to say anything, much less ask her to go on a date with me?!

“Just…?”

“Justwantedtoaskifyou’dgoonadatewithmetomorrow.” The entire sentence was extremely rushed but I still did it. However, the look on Ruby’s face indicated that she hadn’t understood any of it.

“Say it slower, please.” She sighed, smiling assuringly.

“I wanted to know if you want to go on a d-date with me tomorrow.” Immediately after I stopped talking, I looked down at my shoes, honestly fearing her answer. Because I was absolutely sure that she’d say no just like Weiss or Pyrrha. She’d laugh at me, or-

“Jaune. Hello? Anyone in there?” I snapped my head up to look at her, and found that she was literally only about a foot or less away from me. She grinned at her successful attempt to gain my attention. I smiled shyly back.

“I don’t think you heard me, but I said I’d love to go on a date with you.” Ruby told me. Again, I froze, and she stood up on her toes and kissed my cheek, then turned and walked away. I was standing there like an idiot, watching her leave with a hand pressed to my extremely red cheek, when she turned around and waved, her phone in her hand.

“Text me!” She called before disappearing around the corner. I sighed, and slid down the wall beside me, trying to bring myself out of the shocked state I was in. Ren appeared in my line of sight, smirking with his arms crossed.

“Well well, someone finally got a date I see? Good for you, dude.” He congratulated, then walked away. This was turning out to be the best day of my life.