Why's the rum gone?

You woke up to the sweet smell of rum. Then you smelled some more. It was still rum. But it was on fire. Strange.

"What in the absolute blazes..." You picked up your head, dazed.

"No! Not good! Stop! What are you doing? You burned all the food! The shade! The rum!" You could hear Jack shouting. You went up to them and saw a huge fire.

"Yes the rum is gone." Elizabeth said looking out into the sea.

"Why is the rum gone?!" Jack asked.

"One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable gentlemen into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over 1,000 feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me do you really think that there is even the slightest chance that they won't see it?" Elizabeth asked.

"But why is the rum gone?" Jack asked again sadly. Elizabeth sat down.

"Just you wait Sparrow. Give it one hour maybe two. Keep a weather eye and you will see white sails on that horizon." Elizabeth said confidently. You ran up to Jack as he about shot the wench.

"Go take a walk." You told him. He tried to protest but you pushed him off. You sat next to Elizabeth.

"Good idea but the rum? Really?" You asked her.

"Yes the rum!" She said to you like it was obvious.

"Well if I didn't like you before I definitely don't like you now." You said half joking. She still was not your favorite person. You sat down.

"I might as well have saved you. You told Jack you loved him last night." She said to you.

"Me? Tell a pirate I love him? Never! Not only am I incapable of love but a pirate is part of the reason I was brought into this mess of a world and partly why the world is against me." You said. But deep down you knew you were developing certain, happenings.

"I'm going to go find Jack." You said uneasily. You walked across the beach until you found him muttering to himself.

"Must've been terrible for you to be trapped here Jack. Must've been terrible... Well it bloody is now!" Jack shouted. Then he saw you and straightened up.

"Is it really so terrible?" You asked.

"It may be slightly less terrible then I make it out to be." He said looking down.

"Never liked her anyways." You said sitting down next to him. You coughed. Oh yeah, that hasn't gone away yet.

"Are you ok love." Jack asked.

"I'm fine." You said quickly.

Jack rolled his eyes and gave you a look of doubt. You ignored it.

"So Elizabeth told me of, certain events that occurred last night." You trailed of. He seemed to perk up at that.

"What events?" He asked.

"Oh you know, certain words were said." You answered.

"Oh. The L word." Jack said looking away.

"Do you think you really..." You trailed of again.

"Dear y/n listen to me. I... may have... or MAY NOT have... certain, let's say stirrings. For you. And as much as I've tried to suppress them, my attempts have failed." He said embarrassed.

"Really? The Captain Jack Sparrow has stirrings for one lady?" You joked. He looked a little hurt.

"Yeah. Funny ol' world innit?" He tried to smile. You looked at eachother. And quick as a lightening strike he pulled you into a kiss. Breathless, you pulled away.