And he had every excuse for it, because affairs between the Inside and Outside was banned, let alone having a child between the relationship.

This lasted until Jeno was about seven years old. He had made friends with the little boy next door, where the daycare was located.

Na Jaemin.

A name he would remember forever, because he was Jeno's first friend. 

And first love.

Jeno's features didn't change except slightly during puberty, but he knew that was only the half the battle.

His features became a mix of his parents, with a sharp jawline, blessed cheekbones, and one of the softest eyesmiles to exist.

Sooner or later, he knew his behavior would become in-tuned with his emotions, as did with all Defects.

No matter how much a Defect you are, the link to your emotion always remains one thing that sticks. 

No matter what you feel, it shows on your sleeve, and it causes a very physical pain when you try to hide it.

That's the main reason Jeno was scared to acknowledge the fact that he indeed is a Defect, even though half.

He looked up at the woman, sadness shown in his glassy eyes.

The woman reflected the expression, and reached out with her hand to hold his.

Like my mom used to do.

That action and thought caused Jeno to burst, tears running down his face, making him cough.

She was holding his hand still, and he allowed the comfort, he was going to need it.

"Miss, I- I'm scared," Jeno said, voice small and cracking.

She gave him a sad smile, letting his hand go.

"Of what?" her voice cooed at him, trying to calm him down.

Something is off.

He didn't know if he should say it, so he went with something else.

"I- I think I l-love them," he answered, voice just as small.

She nodded.

"Who, dear?"

She's being persistant. 

"Them."

"Who, Jeno?" the woman's voice was drifting along in Jeno's ears.

Not quite right.

He felt sleepy, the tense man staring at the boy. 

He felt like he was in a daze, not sure what to do.

The woman's soft voice was too soft, the man's gaze made him too sleepy.

He tried to get out of the sudden pull, but he decided to relax, which seemed to work, and answer the woman, who looked at him with wide eyes.

Jeno knew the whole time what they wanted, the answer they were absolutely dying for. He realized the man was tense to match his own actions, and that the man was going to manipulate him mood soon. 

Jeno knew. 

The man had been focusing, trying to become as tense as Jeno, to capture the emotion to manipulate as needed. 

Jeno remained the same the whole time, until the man's mental attack, which was why he relaxed so suddenly.

Jeno looked at the man as he deflated in his seat, experiencing the aftereffects of a failed attack.

This is what his dad warned him about.

But he looked back at the woman, who's eyes were still large in shock.

"Hello, Marie," Jeno said, able to see her name, causing her to gasp.

"My name is Lee Jeno, and I am in love with Na Jaemin and Huang Renjun," he said, extending his hand in her direction.

Still in shock, the woman took Jeno's hand which was like an intense shock to her system. 

She tried to let go, but Jeno stood firm, allowing the feeling to penetrate her body, and soon she was unconscious.

Jeno knew they had get out of there,so he quickly left the floor, tossing the metal chair out from behind him as he got up. Taking it with him, he propped it against the door handle as he trapped the people inside.

He turned down a hall, trying to figure out where the others would be.

He saw a flickering light down the hall, with steps following the shadows.

He took a stance, knowing that they were going to be Defects.

He needed to get Jaemin and Renjun.

Time to get them. 

. . . 

A/N:

Thank you all for reading !!

I promised this chapter like two days ago, and I completely didn't have time to upload and I'm so sorry!! T-T

BUT 

here's this.

I didn't intentionally make this kind of supernatural at first, but I'm liking it,

What about you guys? Do you like the change or???

I'd like some feedback.

ALSO

jEnO sNaPpEd

But like, it fits the scene??

He's about to go get his mans.

But I hope you liked it. You got to see how Jeno had become to be, the background of his early life, his parents and his Defect syndrome.

 started : 2018.11.21
finished : 2018.11.26