Semifinals: Vecto vs. Nixon

(The semifinals are here for the Ultra Hyper Hero Battle Mark I on Wattpad that my character Vecto is in, and Vecto has already won. In this battle, Vecto faces Nixon from the story Hadis by @ViktoriaRay. She was busy this week and didn't have time to write her story, so Vecto wins by default and moves on to the finals. I upgraded Nixon from what I've read of her story, so I hope she doesn't mind.)

Let the match begin!

Nixon was hungry. He parked his 1965 Buick Riviera at a famous steak restaurant and looked at his date in the passenger seat. She had long, red hair and wore diamond earrings that dangled from her ears, a long red dress that showed off her curves, and red high heels.

"You look so lovely today," Nixon said.

Fiona blushed. "And look at you!"

Nixon had short hair brown hair and wore a black suit with a black shirt and black tie. He knew she liked it. He wore this for her. He smiled and stepped out of the car, then opened her door and reached his hand out. She stepped out without taking his hand.

She's playing hard to get, Nixon thought, looking up at her.

She was taller than the other girls he dated, and towered even more due to her high heels. He thought tall women avoided wearing high heels, but it didn't matter. He was ready for a feast.

"Why thank you," Fiona smiled. She strutted to the entrance but noticed the long line and frowned.

Nixon picked up on this. "How about take out? It's a nice day for a picnic," he said. He moved his hand to place it on her back, but she turned around.

"A picnic?"

"Yeah, I think the song birds deserve some company," Nixon said with a smile. "What do you say? I know a great park we can eat at."

"That would be delightful."

Nixon ordered take-out with his phone and made small talk while they waited. Every time he got close, she backed away. It wouldn't be long before he could claim his prize.

When the food came, Nixon directed her through an alley snug between towering buildings.

"Are you sure this is the way to the park?" Fiona asked as she trailed behind.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe with me," Nixon said.

He came to an abrupt stop in the middle of the alleyway and sat the food down.

"Let's eat," Nixon said.

"But this isn't the park . . ."

"I know. Thought you'd want to be alone. Never know what could happen."

Nixon approached her, and his green eyes turned purple. He lifted his hand in front of her as purple smoke emitted from his palm. Just as expected, she backed into the wall. It was all too familiar to Nixon: The confusion, the terror, the helplessness. She probably felt like melting into the wall, he thought with a grin. The two weeks he spent watching her, waiting, was worth it.

"No! Stay away, you creep!" she screamed.

"Don't be scared," Nixon said. "It's time for the main dish." He placed his hand on her cheek, ready to taste her life energy. He spent two weeks studying her, two weeks learning her for the purpose of feeding. Only, the smoke didn't devour her body. She was supposed to turn to ash, but she stood there, staring at him. She even smirked.

"How?" he asked.

She grabbed him by the throat and spun around, slamming him into the wall beside her.