Chapter 16

I woke up the next day to feel refreshed and energized. We asked Aiden if he wanted to join us at the community pool after school yesterday. He seemed thrilled and said that he would meet us there around 11 am. I looked at my clock to find it be 9:30 am. I yawned and rolled over back into bed. I closed my eyes but I never fell back asleep like I had hoped for.

I opened my eyes as the sound of my alarm going off signaling it was 10:45. I sighed and turned my alarm off. After yawning once more I got out of bed and walked over to my closet. I picked out a black bikini that went with my hair and put it on. Then I put on a pair of blue jean shorts and grabbed my favorite beach towel that's sea blue in color.

I put on my flip flops and walked out of the house with my phone ad house key in my hand. As I was walking along, I was met up by Lorea. She wore a light pink bikini top with a pair of jogging short. We talked about different topics as we walked to the pool. Once we got close enough, we could see Aiden waiting by the front gate. A smile formed upon my face without me thinking of it.

"Kyra, you're blushing." Lorea said close to my ear.

"I-I am n-not." I said putting my hands on my face.

"Yeah you are and you can't hide it from me." she said smiling.

"Can't hide what?" Aiden asked once we reached him and the gate.

"Oh, Kyra's ju-" I put my hand over her mouth before she could say anything else.

"Its nothing. I promise. Just girl talk." I said with a fake chuckle. 

"Oh okay." he said with a smile that melted my heart.

We walked beyond the gate to the pool and the area around that was lined with chairs to put your things while you swim or if you wanted to tan. We sat out things down among three chairs that sat next to each other. I took my shorts off and folded them so that my phone and house keys were in the middle. 

I looked over towards Aiden and saw him wearing black and white swim-trunks. I looked at his chest and found that there wasn't a six pack but he was muscular in a way. He caught me staring at him and he smiled. I quickly looked away which caused him to laugh.

"Hey Kyra, want to go down the lazy river with me?" he asked at the edge.

"Uh...sure."

He grabbed a pool floaty that was shaped like an eight and could sit two people. I got onto one side and he got on the other and we let the currant take up along the lazy river. Time went by slowly and it was kind of awkward. At first we didn't talk. We just sat their going along the river currant. But not long after, he grabbed my hand making me look towards him.

He had this smile that melted my heart in an instant. I didn't know what to say. He broke the silence.

"I uh...hope you don't mind." he said looking at our hands.

"No. I don't mind. I-I...um...well...yeah" I ended with a awkward chuckle as I looked away. 

Neither of us looked at the other. We just went along the lazy river with the currant taking us along the path with our hands together.

"Kyra!" Lorea yelled. Aiden's hand immediately let go of my hand and I missed the warmth it had provided.

"Y-yeah Lorea?" I asked as she swam up to us.

"You've been on he river for the past half hour. Haven't you gotten bored yet?" she asked with a smile.

"Uh...I-I g-guess s-so." I stuttered looking at my lap. I could feel my face becoming red for some reason but I didn't know why. Was it because I was holding Aiden's hand only moments ago?