Chapter 8

The day went by slower then usual. Especially since all the desks were moved away from my seat. Well all but Lorea's.

None of the teachers seemed too happy about having me in class. Luckily i had one teacher who actually treated me like any normal angel.

When Mr. Kemp (Angel History teacher) walked into the room his eyes starred at me. At first i was scared that he would treat me how the other teachers did.

I was wrong.

"Hello class." he said looking around. "I herd we have a student with different pigment colored wings."

Everyone turned and looked my way. I simply slid down in my seat trying to make myself unseen.

"Would you please come up here dear?" Mr. Kemp asked. I slowly got out of my chair and walked to the front of the classroom.

"What is your name?"

"K-kyra." i stuttered.

"And last name?"

"Angel. My names Kyra Angel."

"Well Miss Angel...do you know what Kyra means?" he asked with a smile.

"It means dark ruler."

The other students started to whisper among themselves. I looked to the floor scared and embarrassed.

"Quiet down!" he yelled. "So your name means dark ruler of angels. I find that interesting."

"You do?" i asked looking up shocked and confused.

"Indeed i do. May we see your wings?" he asked gently.

I shook my head and relaxed. I imagined my wings spreading out. When i opened my eyes i saw the other students with scared faces.

I felt a soft touch on my wings. When i looked i saw Mr. Kemp caressing my feathers.

"These are beautiful wings Kyra. Don't let anyone tell you differently." he said with a smile.

"How can those be beautiful? It only means she defies god and works with the devil." Dustin said standing up.

"Young man this girl you see before you has not defied god in any way. So she said a curse word...if you were to understand her feelings then maybe you would have made the same decision." he said very defensive. "You may put your wings up and sit back down. Thank you for humoring me."

I smiled and did what i was told. The rest of class was a fight between Mr. Kemp and the other students who now hate me for what i am. But i don't care. I have another person in my life who excepts me for who i am.

After school i walked to the gardens to tell Syca about everything like i always do. She seemed happy about my stunt this morning.

"You saved me Kyra. I don't know how i can ever thank you."

"You've helped me through troubling times Syca. That is more then enough. Im just glad i was able to save you." i said smiling.

"How did the other students treat you because of your wings."

"Like i was a disease but Mr. Kemp my history teacher treated me like i was normal. Actually better. It was nice to have an adult call my wings beautiful." i said leaning my back against her trunk.

"Although your wings are black they look beautifully innocent to me. Your wings simply mean you're unique. Just like i always knew."

I felt the wind pushing its way through the branches. Time seemed to stop...and it was peaceful. I took a deep breath in and exhaled. I could feel my body becoming heavy.

"I better go Syca. I love you." i said climbing down.

"I love you too." she said just as i hit the ground.

I grabbed my book off the ground and walked to the front entrance. On my way home i felt some drops of rain hit my arms. I quickly ran as my wings hovered over my head in attempts to keep myself dry.

After opening my door i shook my wings making water fly everywhere. I chuckled at my own stupidity. I grabbed a towel and started to wipe the water off the walls.

Once i was done i went into my bathroom and took off my semi wet clothes. I tossed them into my hamper and turned the shower water on heat. I waited a few minutes before stepping in.

The hot water seemed to melt my stress and pain away. I hummed a random song that got stuck in my head as i washed my hair. After that i preceded to wash my body. I also brought out my wings and washed what i could of them.

Stepping out i grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. I then wrapped another towel around my head in attempts to dry it faster. I walked out of my bathroom and into my room. After putting on my pajamas, i went into the kitchen and fixed myself something to eat. As i sat at my table eating i remembered that i had a homework assignment. 

I took out my textbook from my bag and opened it to the chapter we started on in class. I read the first few paragraphs as i took my own notes. After about three or four section, my eyes started to get tired and I could feel my body becoming heavy with tiredness.

I closed the book and put it in my bag. As i got up, i felt a sharp pain in my stomach. It felt like someone was stabbing me a million times. I stumbled back a few steps before i tripped and fell on my butt. I held my stomach and winced in pain.

I had no idea what this feeling was. It seemed to slowly spread throughout my entire body. I didn't know what to do. I sat there scared and unable to move. Tears began to slip from my eyes as my jaw clenched from the pain. Then all at once, the pain went away almost like it was never there.

I looked at my body confused as to what happened. My only thought were cramps maybe but even that seemed far of. In the end i just put it off to the side and went to bed. As i lay there, my mind was running a mile a minute about what the pain could have been. Because of this i didn't get much sleep.